In case you were wondering about copying

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5703766

6 comments

Anonymous said...

Hey! I invented the coaster first and that seller stole MY idea! The nerve!

July 9, 2008 at 3:49:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

I stuck magnets on my spice tin cans. It is I who invented that!

July 9, 2008 at 4:17:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

regardless of what or who she is referring to, the whole copying issue on etsy is absolutely ridiculous

July 9, 2008 at 4:42:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

This may sound sick but I kind of admire a seller who has the chutzpah to whine about someone copying an idea when she copied the idea from someone else first. Nothing in her shop is original.

July 9, 2008 at 5:07:00 PM EDT
Crazy Cat Lady said...

I have to say I purchased a spice kit from that seller last christmas, and that seller was SWAMPED...but my order came on time, and it was perfect, and I was very pleased with the product and the service - especially since I think that sellers business just exploded (srsly look at her sales last Christmas).

She may not have invented the idea of magnetic spice thingies, but I do think she was one of the only people doing it on etsy. I don't know what the market is like now for spice thingies on etsy (our kitchen remodel was done a while ago), but if I was in the market for one again I'd go back to her.

Anyway...back to your regular bitching :) I generally agree about the copying crap but just had to "stick up" for this person because I did find her last year.

July 9, 2008 at 5:18:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

you can buy those in ikea... and the container store. that's pretty ballsy to steal an idea, and then try to claim rights to it.

July 10, 2008 at 6:19:00 AM EDT