Oy vey such a rip off!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5702449

Oy very Rip off alert
http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5702457

9 comments

Anonymous said...

Those ugly pants have been around since the 1970's, at least. I know this because my mom had a pair. She bought them in Mexico.

Beware the wrath of the Mexican seamstresses when they find out that their design has been stolen!

July 9, 2008 at 3:56:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

LMAO

who wears those pants???

July 9, 2008 at 4:22:00 PM EDT
Morrigan said...

Oh yeah, riiight. She came up with that design all by herself. I can remember them from the 60's.

July 9, 2008 at 4:33:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

Sorry, these pants have been around forever.

July 9, 2008 at 4:41:00 PM EDT

Cher wore them with Sonny. Maybe she still does.....

July 9, 2008 at 4:58:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

the funny part is how she claims she is the better seamstress but the "copied" pants look more like the originals. and better quality.

the op has horrible taste in fabrics, too.

July 10, 2008 at 6:13:00 AM EDT
Ivydionne said...

I tried a pair of these pants on in the garment district of Downtown LA about 3 years ago. I wanted to wear them to Burning Man that year. They were imported from India or Mexico I think?

I'm constantly amazed at how many people think they're the first to do anything.

July 10, 2008 at 3:36:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

Copying happens a lot on etsy.

Coincidences and random similar ideas and claims of copying happen even more frequently. ;)

Threads like this make people who've actually been copied look like whiners and make people assume automatically they have no case, since they've seen a hundred claims of copying that are false or unfounded. Sooo frustrating.

July 10, 2008 at 6:03:00 PM EDT
Pretty Things said...

I don't even know how people have the time to find allegeded copiers to cry foul about. Other than the ones that convo to SAY they're going to copy.

July 10, 2008 at 10:37:00 PM EDT