marymary says:
I'm gonna close this one down to help eliminate confusion.
Um, what?
Thanks for explaining! I didn't read the thread or click on the OP's link.
marymary says:
I'm gonna close this one down to help eliminate confusion.
By email -- closed.etsy.threads [at!] gmail.com
Instant Messenger -- ClosedEtsyThread on AIM or Closed.Etsy.Threads on GTalk
On Twitter -- ClosedThreads
3 comments
The OP posted a fake site that got a bunch of people worked up. Most people don't read through a whole thread, right? So I can see how people coming to the thread, even though the issue was cleared up eventually, would be freaked out. Wasn't really a forum TOS violation, but I'm glad they bury threads like this.
August 1, 2008 at 11:37:00 AM EDTI hate it when people post warning threads that almost always turn out to be old circulated urban legend forwards or the "I just heard this on the news" or a site without checking it out first.
August 1, 2008 at 12:30:00 PM EDTThat site could really make you start to hate neighbors on your very own street or promote some kind of confrontation.
I am glad that thread was locked - I checked my addy and it showed tons of people - and one of them was on our property! HAHA, good thing I live on a farm, only have four neighbors and know everyone in a five mile radius - would definitely be easy to get riled up!
August 4, 2008 at 7:42:00 AM EDTPost a Comment