lamest lock ever! It was not mocking any single person it was mocking the silliness in all of us. Everyone who replied said they identified with it and still thought it was funny! So even the people she was "calling out" recognized their own foibles and laughed at them. Not one person said they were hurt by that thread.
I think Etsy locked it because they were embarrassed about how many people agreed with the post!
I believe it was done because the OP specifically "called out" theblackapple (I think that's the right name?). But anyone with two brain cells could see it's because TBA is so successful we all compare ourselves to her...it was done in good natured humour.
I honestly don't get this lock. At all. Who could she possibly have been calling out? All that lock accomplished was burying something that alot of people seemed to be enjoying.
I don't think Etsy knows the difference anymore. They see anything mentioning anyone and they immediately slam a lock on the thread. Hell, the OP will be lucky if she doesn't muted for it. *sarcasm*
Hi. I didn't get muted, but I am disappointed that she made up a bullshit reason to lock the thread. I think it put me in kind of a bad light and it's not even true, the "mocking" thing came out of nowhere!
I'm disappointed that Etsy is okay with putting its sellers in an awkward position, in front of other sellers and buyers.
It's disheartening to think that we're making money (even if it's not a lot sometimes) for a company that is in turn so blatantly disrespectful of us.
Plus, their shitty sense of humor is such a turnoff.
I didn't REALLY think that they would mute you, just being sarcastic. And I wouldn't sweat it, I don't think this lock reflects poorly on you, to anyone. If anything, it reflects poorly on Etsy and makes it clear that they need to pull the stick out of their ass and get a clue.
below 14 th I hope you get your own schmetzy show you are a hoot and deserve having money thrown at you your thread was a positive reflection now go make some shit
Hey you all, TheBlackApple is the OP's other shop. She was referring to herself! Fucking MaryMary didn't even bother to check before accusing her of "calling out!"
Basically the OP was making fun of everybody - Etsy, sellers, buyers, and herself even. She was generalizing, and it was hella funny.
Seriously, why isn't there a Schmetzy? I've looked and looked. There's nothing even remotely similar to Etsy. What gives, Etsy's so successful and such a great idea?
If I wasn't so lazy I mean busy, I'd go back to school and learn how to build it myself.
It was a classic thread and everybody should post it on their blogs, or something..so it doesn't die. Or maybe below14th can do some stand-up comedy? OMG just think of the doing stand-up on the topic of Etsy.
26 comments
God Marymary is a fascist. That thread was great...there was no reason to close it.
August 15, 2008 at 3:45:00 PM EDTI'm not really sure why this one was closed, I didn't really see the reference as "calling out". I thought it was brilliant.
August 15, 2008 at 3:46:00 PM EDTEtsy, get a sense of humor.
freakin brilliant
August 15, 2008 at 3:57:00 PM EDTI actually know some sellers like this
lamest lock ever!
August 15, 2008 at 4:27:00 PM EDTIt was not mocking any single person it was mocking the silliness in all of us.
Everyone who replied said they identified with it and still thought it was funny! So even the people she was "calling out" recognized their own foibles and laughed at them. Not one person said they were hurt by that thread.
I think Etsy locked it because they were embarrassed about how many people agreed with the post!
I believe it was done because the OP specifically "called out" theblackapple (I think that's the right name?). But anyone with two brain cells could see it's because TBA is so successful we all compare ourselves to her...it was done in good natured humour.
August 15, 2008 at 5:05:00 PM EDTWhich is why marymary couldn't see it.
*meow
maybe TBA asked to close it. She is a bit of a lurker and probably has google alerts up the wazooo
August 15, 2008 at 5:07:00 PM EDTTBA did not ask to close it. She was contacted about it by the OP (wink, wink) and she was very gracious about it and unphased.
August 15, 2008 at 6:32:00 PM EDTI honestly don't get this lock. At all. Who could she possibly have been calling out? All that lock accomplished was burying something that alot of people seemed to be enjoying.
August 15, 2008 at 7:32:00 PM EDTlame ass etsy
August 15, 2008 at 7:39:00 PM EDTsuch super fucking idiots. maybe i'll copy and paste the whole thing into a new thread.
ya never know anonymous. stranger things have happened...*wink*
August 15, 2008 at 7:57:00 PM EDTIt called out theblackapple in a positive way, though. I thought it was allowed to name names if it is positive?
August 15, 2008 at 9:59:00 PM EDTI don't think Etsy knows the difference anymore. They see anything mentioning anyone and they immediately slam a lock on the thread. Hell, the OP will be lucky if she doesn't muted for it. *sarcasm*
August 15, 2008 at 10:03:00 PM EDTHi. I didn't get muted, but I am disappointed that she made up a bullshit reason to lock the thread. I think it put me in kind of a bad light and it's not even true, the "mocking" thing came out of nowhere!
August 15, 2008 at 10:26:00 PM EDTI'm disappointed that Etsy is okay with putting its sellers in an awkward position, in front of other sellers and buyers.
It's disheartening to think that we're making money (even if it's not a lot sometimes) for a company that is in turn so blatantly disrespectful of us.
Plus, their shitty sense of humor is such a turnoff.
I didn't REALLY think that they would mute you, just being sarcastic. And I wouldn't sweat it, I don't think this lock reflects poorly on you, to anyone. If anything, it reflects poorly on Etsy and makes it clear that they need to pull the stick out of their ass and get a clue.
August 15, 2008 at 10:28:00 PM EDTSo can we start our own Schmetsy or what?!
August 15, 2008 at 10:32:00 PM EDTbelow 14 th I hope you get your own schmetzy show
August 15, 2008 at 10:40:00 PM EDTyou are a hoot and deserve having money thrown at you
your thread was a positive reflection
now go make some shit
Not much in the forums actually makes me L.O.L. but that did. It was hilarious... can't believe they locked it. Whatever :/
August 15, 2008 at 11:10:00 PM EDTHey you all, TheBlackApple is the OP's other shop. She was referring to herself! Fucking MaryMary didn't even bother to check before accusing her of "calling out!"
August 16, 2008 at 12:43:00 AM EDTBasically the OP was making fun of everybody - Etsy, sellers, buyers, and herself even. She was generalizing, and it was hella funny.
OMG that makes it 200x more hilarious!! I admit I didn't know they were the same person either but that is awesome.
August 16, 2008 at 12:59:00 AM EDTI don't see it listed in the profiles though?
Below14th is in new haven, CT
The Black Apple is in Portland OR
count me in, where do i sign up for schmetsy?
August 16, 2008 at 2:18:00 AM EDTBelow14 and theBlackApple are not the same person's shops
August 16, 2008 at 3:03:00 AM EDTNo, no, we are not the same person.
August 16, 2008 at 9:11:00 AM EDTSeriously, why isn't there a Schmetzy? I've looked and looked. There's nothing even remotely similar to Etsy. What gives, Etsy's so successful and such a great idea?
If I wasn't so lazy I mean busy, I'd go back to school and learn how to build it myself.
Someone needs to google the puppet show etsy helped put on that basically did the same thing that this thread did. So confused.
August 16, 2008 at 11:05:00 AM EDT(both were hilarious)
the forums have become schmetzy's puppet show.now get your hand out of my ass, admin!
August 16, 2008 at 5:16:00 PM EDTIt was a classic thread and everybody should post it on their blogs, or something..so it doesn't die. Or maybe below14th can do some stand-up comedy? OMG just think of the doing stand-up on the topic of Etsy.
August 16, 2008 at 10:50:00 PM EDTI apologize for the mistake, below14th. I was for certain that I saw both shops linked. Sorry everyone. Damn ...
August 17, 2008 at 4:50:00 AM EDTPost a Comment