these are all related to the muting of HRMB/SurrenderDorothy

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Here goes
http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5764937

So go ahead and lock this one too, Rob.
http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5764948

I still don't see how Community rules were violated.
http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5764962

Forums, Chat Rooms and Virtual Labs
http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5764986

Critique of Admin --
http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5764993

22 comments

Insomiknitac said...

so what was the personal info?

August 17, 2008 at 12:40:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

i've yet to see what was so bad, meanwhile back at the ranch...

August 17, 2008 at 12:54:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

So why did she get muted? Where's the thread that caused it?

August 17, 2008 at 1:31:00 PM EDT
kcroteau said...

I've also been told Hyena was muted as well.

August 17, 2008 at 1:32:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

this 100% seals my opinion that you can say anything to anybody-anything- except for saying anything against etsy


you've got to know you will be muted for critiquing them.its like tianomen square

August 17, 2008 at 1:53:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

Neither of these seem right. Anybody got a link to the offending threads?

August 17, 2008 at 1:59:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

I thought that Etsy had reached the pinnacle of ridiculousness with other mutings, but this takes the cake. I thought I could no longer be surprised at Etsy admins' decisions, but I am very surprised at this.

Shame.

August 17, 2008 at 2:10:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

I am totally confused. This wouldn't be Hyena's first muting, but HRMB??!?

WTF?

August 17, 2008 at 2:21:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

She's a troublemaker.* I bet they've been itching to shut her up.

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5754002&page=1


*by Etsy standards, not mine.

August 17, 2008 at 2:45:00 PM EDT
Caprichos said...

She is NOT a trouble maker!
These some of the troublemakers:
http://tinyurl.com/6f8hgo
http://tinyurl.com/6ohtoz

Plus, a few trolls we are all familiar with...

HRMB is NOT by any means a troll... I for one will miss her terribly.

August 17, 2008 at 3:20:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

The Emperor thread isn't even all that bad, nor is it locked! That couldn't possibly be *the* reason, could it?

August 17, 2008 at 3:41:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

Calm down, Caprichos. I didn't call her a troll and I said she was a troublemaker by Etsy standards.

Get it?

August 17, 2008 at 5:51:00 PM EDT
Margaret said...

so confused. why did they mute her in the first place?

August 17, 2008 at 5:58:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

She was muted for this thread

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5760825

because she dared to criticize Etsy's
pet cat


Others who commented in that thread and who I've convoed with have received warnings.

August 17, 2008 at 7:14:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

when is that cat going down or getting on meds?

August 17, 2008 at 8:14:00 PM EDT
Ivydionne said...

Wow, that came and went pretty fast. Glad she was unmuted as quickly as she was. Still, a send a mute-salute to her for standing up in the forum and saying what needs to be said.

I have to say, I haven't actually seen the two-trolls posting much in the past few days. Perhaps they've realized that while Admin may have their back, there's an ever-growing group of Etsians standing in front of them not willing to put up with their shit anymore.

Or maybe its just that I'm pretty fed up with the forums and dont hang out there as much.

I dunno.

August 17, 2008 at 10:01:00 PM EDT

Please do read my blog to know the details of that story:
http://recycledbyhyena.blogspot.com/2008/08/dont-be-troll-they-say.html

It is not the first time I am muted, but I always have been wrongly muted (and I think this is the 3rd time only). This time this is even worse.

HRMB was not unmuted, there was a technical glitch, they sent the warning to a dead email adress. So it has nothing to do with a decision of any sort.
She got muted because she tried and defend me after I got harassed endlessly by the trolls.

Please do read my blog and see for yourself.
Thank you.

August 18, 2008 at 1:03:00 PM EDT

Many of you have already gotten this letter in a convo or an email already so forgive me if you are reading a repeat.
Thanks for the good lovin' and sweet words, all of you guys. This has been a very stressful week for me.

You know, I knew that when I put up the troll baiting thread there was an outside chance I might have gotten myself muted. My only regret was that if I was going to get a dirty sock stuffed in my mouth that I might have said something far more concisely akin to the rage I felt about trolling, bullying and victimization of select members of this community. To continually allow a small gang of thugs to terrorize the rest of us is a crazy and gutless stand on the part of the entire Etsy staff.

To me, this entire go-round just reminds me again that this site is run by college kids who are terrified that if they take a stand that some people won't like them.
Here's the news, kids: If you don't take a stand few people will like you and NOBODY will respect you at all. Respect is something that cannot be mandated; it must be earned.
They unmuted me on a technicality pretty much. Rob and Mary had sent warnings to me to a closed email address, so I never got the warnings.

Damn....I wish they would break down and hire some grownups to run this place. I feel like I'm in the girl's bathroom in Junior High School again and most of the time it's a fucking embarrassment to even be here. I will in the future be spending far less times on the forums and lots more of my energy will be spent taking steps to get my act together to sell my stuff in other venues. This one doesn't feel very secure to me right now.

Just so you know, I was a minor political activist in the seventies and learned a few things in my many run-ins with police and authorities with money and power... In the final analysis, money talks and after all the screaming and angst and rage against the machine is over all I really got out of it was a couple of nights in jail, a police record and a couple of buddies with broken ribs and arms.

Fighting the good fight here over what is right is pointless I'm afraid. Big money just bought the soul of Etsy for a cool 27 mil and our voices aren't worth a pisshole in the snow at this point. I wish that this were remotely untrue because it would be a fight worth getting my ribs busted over, but it's not. Bummer.

Much love, Veronica

August 18, 2008 at 8:09:00 PM EDT
Caprichos said...

Anonymous, I am calm, I think my comment came out harsher than I intended. sorry!

HRMB and Hyena, I can't believe this is happening to you guys. you should know that we are really unhappy about this, and we are letting people know how upset we are!

We'll miss you!

August 18, 2008 at 11:09:00 PM EDT
Unknown said...

Hyena I read your blog and am aghast at the racism showed to you.
I missed those threads somehow.

I am so disgusted at etsy for this.
Hyena & HRMB don't deserve to be treated this way, and etsy is letting down the entire community by acting like Mean Girls.

It's freaking OBVIOUS who the instigators and troublemakers are. And it's ridiculous that they are allowed to run roughshod over the forums, attacking at whim.
They must get off on it, since it's not like they can say they're there to promote their shops... unless they're selling Bullying for Dummies or How to Be a Complete Forum Asswipe Guides.

*sigh* Etsy, what the hell?

Or should I ask that in the way you'd best understand:

Etsy, like, what the frelling, like zohmygod hell? Like, did you like recently like eat a moldy cupcake?
Like?

August 19, 2008 at 9:04:00 AM EDT
Unknown said...

Bleh, "showed to you" should be "shown to you"

I shouldn't type when angry.

August 19, 2008 at 9:32:00 AM EDT