Norma has a bit f a chip on her shoulder. she means well and makes a nice soap but she gets a little put out
does everyone convo after an order? i only do if the customer orders a custom item or has a certain comment in the notes to seller. otherwise when they get the delivery confirmation number from paypal isnt that enough?
It's about time this self righteous ex seller gets called on her attitude. Every time they come into the forums and post, I just roll my eyes and move on.
I love it when Norma shouts "Lock thread please!" on page 2. haha
And this:
NormasBathandBody says: if that's what you think. good for you! but I'm still sticking with what I think. it's not cool when someone purchases from you and they don't say a word.
Just Norma's opinion.. gotta love me or hate me. either way, I'll sleep well! ~Norma
Um, yeah. Not feeling the 'love Norma' vibe so much. Ironically I have bought from her before and found her own customer service to be very lacking and her products sub par.
Many of the sellers on the forums have no damn business being in business. It seems like when a buyer expresses concern or frustration, sellers are quick to tell them to go away, question why they're even saying anything since they don't sell on etsy, or getting pissy. When a customer complains, you listen to it, dismiss it if it does apply to you...but you don't be an asshole with them. There's nothing witty or cute about that.
It's quite clear than many sellers on the forums have the etsy corp mentality- to hell with the customer, disrespect them, and don't give a thought as to what effects your actions & words have on your image. I guess they've been treated that way by etsy so long that it's rubbed off on them.
No, I think regular forum-goers recognize Norma's posts at this point. She posts just about every day, and it honestly seems as if it took an excruciating amount of work for her to come up with something even somewhat relevant to discuss. Her topics are inane little things that make you scratch your head, or, if you've been around for a little while, make you shake your head because you know she just wants people to look at her shop. And, before you say, 'she doesn't have a shop!', you're right. She recently closed, but she has a blurb now in her profile letting people know they can email her to find out where she sells.
It always baffles me as to why sellers keep starting threads about why they won't buy from you. Is it just to start a fight or do they really think it will help someone who is lacking in customer service skills. If it's to help, it could be worded in a much more diplomatic way. This thread just started out wrong and went way south from there.
the really ironic thing is that norma got her ass handed to her earlier this year for changing shipping charges on customers. Customers would pay the listed price but she would send them another invoice asking for more money for shipping. She saw absolutely nothing wrong with this. http://tinyurl.com/6q4tkp
Additionally, she doesn't agree with refunding shipping overcharges: http://tinyurl.com/5qp859
i think i'll look for my customer service tips from someone else
if we listened to all the 'do this, do that' threads about adequate customer service on Etsy we would be paralysed into inaction
some buyers love frequent emails, free gifts, business cards, cute wrapping, sweets, samples, your first born
and some don't want any of the above
but still we get these lovely self righteous threads telling us what to do! now i have no idea whether including other sellers' business cards in my packaging is currently in or out! and what is too much emailing? and is my packaging cute enough?
I've long held, and still do, that it's only sellers (who also buy) who give a shit about all this extra hand-holding and freebie-giving. Most of my customers are new users and buyers-only, and they seem to cope just fine without a hundred emails and candy and gifts and pictures of kittens.
I think these threads only get so long because there are so many self-righteous sellers who are eager to point out how much awesomer they are at "customer service."
i totally agree also just because a person has 3,30 or 3000 sales on etsy doesnt make them an expert on anything but what works for them and their product. much of it is posturing and wrangling for attention in order to get sales
threads about selling are thinly veiled promotional efforts, thats all
oh my goodness I never saw that thread from last year. Charging more than double the listed shipping price and then expecting people to take her side??
NormasBathandBody says: PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD.. I'm sooo Tired. It was a mistake to post this. I'm wounded from all of knives. ___________ Then stop throwing them , maybe? wow. The "dish it out but can't take it" club is growing by the day.
Ugh... Norma bugs so much. And her products looked like ass. (Apologies to anyone who likes them!) Looking at her shop just grossed me out.
(I'm pretty sure she also stole an image from my shop once. I sold in the same category as her and she ripped off a clip art image from me - one that I paid for! I promptly changed that clip art pic.)
It's blatantly obvious that her half-literate mind has to struggle so hard to come up with forum topics. She posts the most inane, idiotic things.
18 comments
Didn't mean to stir up dandruff. sometimes the truth hurts.
August 27, 2008 at 8:30:00 PM EDT-
Pardon?
Norma has a bit f a chip on her shoulder. she means well and makes a nice soap but she gets a little put out
August 27, 2008 at 11:28:00 PM EDTdoes everyone convo after an order? i only do if the customer orders a custom item or has a certain comment in the notes to seller. otherwise when they get the delivery confirmation number from paypal isnt that enough?
It's about time this self righteous ex seller gets called on her attitude. Every time they come into the forums and post, I just roll my eyes and move on.
August 28, 2008 at 12:18:00 AM EDTI love it when Norma shouts "Lock thread please!" on page 2. haha
August 28, 2008 at 12:26:00 AM EDTAnd this:
NormasBathandBody says:
if that's what you think. good for you! but I'm still sticking with what I think. it's not cool when someone purchases from you and they don't say a word.
Just Norma's opinion.. gotta love me or hate me. either way, I'll sleep well!
~Norma
Um, yeah. Not feeling the 'love Norma' vibe so much. Ironically I have bought from her before and found her own customer service to be very lacking and her products sub par.
too funny.
August 28, 2008 at 3:52:00 AM EDTMany of the sellers on the forums have no damn business being in business. It seems like when a buyer expresses concern or frustration, sellers are quick to tell them to go away, question why they're even saying anything since they don't sell on etsy, or getting pissy. When a customer complains, you listen to it, dismiss it if it does apply to you...but you don't be an asshole with them. There's nothing witty or cute about that.
August 28, 2008 at 5:08:00 AM EDTIt's quite clear than many sellers on the forums have the etsy corp mentality- to hell with the customer, disrespect them, and don't give a thought as to what effects your actions & words have on your image. I guess they've been treated that way by etsy so long that it's rubbed off on them.
No, I think regular forum-goers recognize Norma's posts at this point. She posts just about every day, and it honestly seems as if it took an excruciating amount of work for her to come up with something even somewhat relevant to discuss. Her topics are inane little things that make you scratch your head, or, if you've been around for a little while, make you shake your head because you know she just wants people to look at her shop. And, before you say, 'she doesn't have a shop!', you're right. She recently closed, but she has a blurb now in her profile letting people know they can email her to find out where she sells.
August 28, 2008 at 9:56:00 AM EDTIt always baffles me as to why sellers keep starting threads about why they won't buy from you. Is it just to start a fight or do they really think it will help someone who is lacking in customer service skills. If it's to help, it could be worded in a much more diplomatic way. This thread just started out wrong and went way south from there.
August 28, 2008 at 10:05:00 AM EDTthe really ironic thing is that norma got her ass handed to her earlier this year for changing shipping charges on customers. Customers would pay the listed price but she would send them another invoice asking for more money for shipping. She saw absolutely nothing wrong with this.
August 28, 2008 at 10:48:00 AM EDThttp://tinyurl.com/6q4tkp
Additionally, she doesn't agree with refunding shipping overcharges:
http://tinyurl.com/5qp859
i think i'll look for my customer service tips from someone else
retrofabric says:
August 28, 2008 at 11:44:00 AM EDTI find it ironic that the OP is trying to teach a lesson in professionalism by throwing a toddler tantrum.
this was my thought as well. That thread was completely unprofessional.
it wasn't about stirring. It was about acting like a 5 year old.
if we listened to all the 'do this, do that' threads about adequate customer service on Etsy we would be paralysed into inaction
August 28, 2008 at 1:03:00 PM EDTsome buyers love frequent emails, free gifts, business cards, cute wrapping, sweets, samples, your first born
and some don't want any of the above
but still we get these lovely self righteous threads telling us what to do! now i have no idea whether including other sellers' business cards in my packaging is currently in or out! and what is too much emailing? and is my packaging cute enough?
I've long held, and still do, that it's only sellers (who also buy) who give a shit about all this extra hand-holding and freebie-giving. Most of my customers are new users and buyers-only, and they seem to cope just fine without a hundred emails and candy and gifts and pictures of kittens.
August 28, 2008 at 5:59:00 PM EDTI think these threads only get so long because there are so many self-righteous sellers who are eager to point out how much awesomer they are at "customer service."
i totally agree
August 28, 2008 at 6:02:00 PM EDTalso just because a person has 3,30 or 3000 sales on etsy doesnt make them an expert on anything but what works for them and their product.
much of it is posturing and wrangling for attention in order to get sales
threads about selling are thinly veiled promotional efforts, thats all
oh my goodness I never saw that thread from last year. Charging more than double the listed shipping price and then expecting people to take her side??
August 28, 2008 at 8:33:00 PM EDTNormasBathandBody says:
PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD.. I'm sooo Tired. It was a mistake to post this. I'm wounded from all of knives.
___________
Then stop throwing them , maybe?
wow. The "dish it out but can't take it" club is growing by the day.
Ugh... Norma bugs so much. And her products looked like ass. (Apologies to anyone who likes them!) Looking at her shop just grossed me out.
August 29, 2008 at 1:26:00 PM EDT(I'm pretty sure she also stole an image from my shop once. I sold in the same category as her and she ripped off a clip art image from me - one that I paid for! I promptly changed that clip art pic.)
It's blatantly obvious that her half-literate mind has to struggle so hard to come up with forum topics. She posts the most inane, idiotic things.
she emptied her shop
August 29, 2008 at 5:27:00 PM EDTit's been empty for some time
August 30, 2008 at 12:22:00 AM EDTShe's still posting. I thought she was gone.
September 1, 2008 at 8:11:00 AM EDTPost a Comment