Just when you think the a**holes are gone.......

Saturday, August 23, 2008

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5772214

16 comments

Anonymous said...

i think it was regalbeads they were referring to..

August 23, 2008 at 4:58:00 PM EDT
PussDaddy said...

Now this was really a fine, upstanding post. Maybe she is a troll, or a bully, or a terrorist of the forum.

August 23, 2008 at 7:18:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

shoot I missed this one too.

5 bucks for whoever can tell me who it is.

August 23, 2008 at 8:02:00 PM EDT
PussDaddy said...

What is with your always having to know, sugarstreetcafe, and offering to pay for the information? You even do it in the forum, and if you ask me it is a good indication of a trouble maker who has to have his nose in everything convtroversial just for the drama.

August 23, 2008 at 9:10:00 PM EDT
PussDaddy said...

Trolls do abound on Etsy, and some of them try to "sugar" coat it. I, however am not fooled.

August 23, 2008 at 9:11:00 PM EDT
eclipse said...

There were 4 different alleged "a**holes" hinted at by 4 different posters. I guessed 3 of them and none of them were regalbeads.
I still don't know the 4th, but regalbeads does not fit the hint left by the 4th poster.

I say alleged because one of the ones that I DID guess, I don't think is an asshole.

August 24, 2008 at 3:10:00 AM EDT
Kim said...

funny how everyone places personal dislikes upon situations.
rb hadn't posted in days when this happened

August 24, 2008 at 12:34:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

Boohoohoo - did you honestly think I have 5 bucks in my name to pay for the info?
Oh and if you must know, it isn't for the 'drama', it's actually for the comedy.

August 24, 2008 at 4:01:00 PM EDT
eclipse said...

Well I think that's the idea behind vague hinting threads like that- everyone either thinks it's about them or they assume that everyone else hates the same people they hate. Either paranoia or the opposite (is there such a thing as pronoia?)
I am sure many people searched their own name to see if the # of results matched any of the hints. (none of the hints matched you RB)

The 4th one which I haven't guessed, I am almost sure it's someone I like and that's why I can't guess it without further hints. That's always a danger of posting about who you dislike- other people may turn out to like your enemy more than they like you.

August 24, 2008 at 5:03:00 PM EDT
PussDaddy said...

Most likely at one time or another, most of those on that thread were at least once considered an asshole, too, for something they had said. I would put good money on it. The majority of people, however, do not scream asshole and troll and stalker and forum plant and thread derailer at the every opportunity just because someone disagrees with them. Only those poorly equipped to debate do that.

August 24, 2008 at 9:12:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

boohoohoo in my instance my forum a-hole has sent very nasty comments to me, has said very nasty thing to me in the public fora, and is in general a dick to pretty much ANYONE who would oppose their view point. They come across as brass and crude, arrogant, and self righteous, which has nothing to do with ability to debate - it more has to do with their lack of respect for other people who are different from them.

August 24, 2008 at 10:27:00 PM EDT
PussDaddy said...

I have noticed that anyone who posts in opposition to those who deem themselves the moral majority and the self-proclaimed saviours of Etsy, or who actually ever make valid points even if they are in opposition automatically becomes a thread derailer, a troll, a stalker, or heaven forbid, a forum plant. It doesn't even matter if the person is muted themsef, as PD was 6 or so times, and is so for a month now, I believe. People will still shout about how they were unfairly treated while the other person runs around loose with the ability to do whatever they want at will. I would say most of the people who post here are guilty of the doing the same things at one time or another, mysttear8, though they would be loathe to admit it. I do, however see that their are some on the forum who never seem to wake up happy and don't have anything good to say any day. They usually do not have many sales either, if that is any consolation.

August 25, 2008 at 7:37:00 AM EDT
PussDaddy said...

sugarstreetcafe said...
Boohoohoo - did you honestly think I have 5 bucks in my name to pay for the info?
Oh and if you must know, it isn't for the 'drama', it's actually for the comedy.

August 24, 2008 4:01:00 PM EDT

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Of course I don't think you are actually going to pay for any information. My comment was to show how innocent things people say can be taken out of context and used against them if a person is inclined to bad mouth them with the insinuation that they have bad intentions, when they could just be posting an innocent comment. It happens all the time. I guess it depends upon whether or not others see it as funny comedy or not, or want to twist it to fit their scenario. It happens a lot.

August 25, 2008 at 7:42:00 AM EDT
Anonymous said...

did anyone notice that one of the clues given , which gave away who was being talked about, changed their avatar so it didn't point to them anymore, what a HOOT (rhymes w/ ambercrombie)

August 26, 2008 at 11:11:00 AM EDT
Anonymous said...

hi my comment didnt show up, what happened?

August 27, 2008 at 12:53:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

People just assume it's RegalBeads because she's such a bitch!

September 3, 2008 at 9:12:00 AM EDT