I guess as long as you are talking to a spammer it is alright to spew whatever racist crap you want to. Never mind that there are some Chinese sellers on Etsy who sell handmade items that would pass muster by anyone's holier-than-thou standards. I can name at least one now, and I would have hated for her to see this thread. What is it about the weekend and having an audience that brings out the worst in people? I am very disappointed by denissanderson's remarks.
I too know of one chinese seller although for the life of me I can't remember her name but that's just because I'm forgetful like that but enough with my run on sentences my point is, *breathing* , this seller does really really intricate detailed paper cutting by hand! And her stuff is gorgeous!
I am not Chinese, but I AM from Asia so I DO find those remarks offensive. It is disappointing about dennisanderson's remarks - I 'used' to like his shop :(
I, too, was about to make a purchase from him. I am going to step back and ruminate over it and hopefully come to the conclusion that he just wasn't thinking at that moment and just made a mistake.
Just in case anyone wants to know, the term 'redneck' is a derogatory term used for the Irish immagrants that worked on the railroads and got sunburned because of their light complexions. Yep, it's racist, too.
It happens way too much on Etsy where hatred and bigotry are spewed under the guise of patriotism and economic interest and later recanted or minimalized as passion or a "moment". Shameful, really.
I *think* dennisanderson was just posting that old sexual joke that uses the sound of the Chinese language, to lighten things up and *try* to be funny. That's what I thought when I read the thread ... but, if he was saying it to truly be racist, then I'm very disappointed :(
I doubt he was 'trying' to be racist. He probably didn't realize how awful it sounded. Doesn't make it okay, but so many people do things like this, completely without realizing. It's up to others, I think, to say that it's not really okay to say those sorts of things, and, then, up to the person who said them to realize that and, hopefully, not speak that way anymore.
dennis anderson habitually posts inappropriate comments, often of a sexual nature, and whether he meant this in a rascist sense or not, it's still inappropriate and offensive
10 comments
I guess as long as you are talking to a spammer it is alright to spew whatever racist crap you want to. Never mind that there are some Chinese sellers on Etsy who sell handmade items that would pass muster by anyone's holier-than-thou standards. I can name at least one now, and I would have hated for her to see this thread. What is it about the weekend and having an audience that brings out the worst in people? I am very disappointed by denissanderson's remarks.
August 23, 2008 at 7:15:00 PM EDTToo bad I missed that thread.
August 23, 2008 at 7:56:00 PM EDTI too know of one chinese seller although for the life of me I can't remember her name but that's just because I'm forgetful like that but enough with my run on sentences my point is, *breathing* , this seller does really really intricate detailed paper cutting by hand! And her stuff is gorgeous!
I am not Chinese, but I AM from Asia so I DO find those remarks offensive. It is disappointing about dennisanderson's remarks - I 'used' to like his shop :(
I, too, was about to make a purchase from him. I am going to step back and ruminate over it and hopefully come to the conclusion that he just wasn't thinking at that moment and just made a mistake.
August 23, 2008 at 9:07:00 PM EDTJust in case anyone wants to know, the term 'redneck' is a derogatory term used for the Irish immagrants that worked on the railroads and got sunburned because of their light complexions. Yep, it's racist, too.
August 23, 2008 at 11:17:00 PM EDTIt happens way too much on Etsy where hatred and bigotry are spewed under the guise of patriotism and economic interest and later recanted or minimalized as passion or a "moment". Shameful, really.
August 23, 2008 at 11:52:00 PM EDTI *think* dennisanderson was just posting that old sexual joke that uses the sound of the Chinese language, to lighten things up and *try* to be funny. That's what I thought when I read the thread ... but, if he was saying it to truly be racist, then I'm very disappointed :(
August 24, 2008 at 4:57:00 AM EDTI doubt he was 'trying' to be racist. He probably didn't realize how awful it sounded. Doesn't make it okay, but so many people do things like this, completely without realizing. It's up to others, I think, to say that it's not really okay to say those sorts of things, and, then, up to the person who said them to realize that and, hopefully, not speak that way anymore.
August 24, 2008 at 7:37:00 PM EDTdennis anderson habitually posts inappropriate comments, often of a sexual nature, and whether he meant this in a rascist sense or not, it's still inappropriate and offensive
August 25, 2008 at 8:59:00 PM EDTLinks?
August 25, 2008 at 10:18:00 PM EDTDA makes some weird comments. They kinda creep me out
August 26, 2008 at 11:04:00 PM EDTPost a Comment