telling someone their idea is silly
Monday, August 25, 2008
Labels:
Calling Out,
Etc.,
please play nice with each other
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
By email -- closed.etsy.threads [at!] gmail.com
Instant Messenger -- ClosedEtsyThread on AIM or Closed.Etsy.Threads on GTalk
On Twitter -- ClosedThreads
20 comments
OMG what a whiner. Sheesh.
August 25, 2008 at 1:59:00 PM EDTI do think Amy was rude but VTRT should stop posting when she is drunk or at least stop taking everything so seriously when she is drunk.
August 25, 2008 at 6:50:00 PM EDTvery bold of you to say...err anonymous.
August 25, 2008 at 9:12:00 PM EDTamy is nothing but helpful. when one can't be adult enough to discuss something but rather has to go behind their back...says a lot.
Speaking of rude, how ya been, Regal?
August 25, 2008 at 10:24:00 PM EDTYou have enough people to pick on. You don't need to know who I am.
I see your sales are still crappy. How much of that has to do with your behavior in the forums, I wonder?
Haha, Regal, do yourself a favor! Stop posting in the forums and go DO something. You've been shooting your mouth out on the forums for what seems like eternity, appearing as if you're the self appointed forum goddess, and yet seem to have so little real experience on which to base your non-stop wisdom.
August 26, 2008 at 12:27:00 AM EDTI do wonder if you've shot your self in the foot as far as potential sales. Just based on the snotty posts you've made, i'd never buy from your shop!
it takes no balls at all to post as anonymous. good for you. I hope you feel better. Pretty amazingly juvenile.
August 26, 2008 at 8:52:00 AM EDTSorry, I don't give in to bullies.
btw, I'm not here to make millions, just to share my passion.
oh, and usually those who tell me my sales suck sell $1 items and have made half of what I've made...just saying
People have no clue how they come across in the forums obviously. That is why I rarely post in them- better to lay low.
August 26, 2008 at 11:23:00 AM EDTAlways Amy- rude
Regal Beads- rude
Anyone can agree or disagree- I could care less BUT that is the impression I am left with.
Honestly, Amy showed more restraint than I would. She called something "silly". That's not rude. Calling not caring if your ad money is going down the toilet "dumbass" (which is what I would have done) is rude.
August 26, 2008 at 11:26:00 AM EDTAnd then telling Amy to shut up and going and starting another thread to cry about it...OMG...srsly...what does this person do if someone honks at her when she's driving? Does she totally break down in tears and call her mommy? Is that where traffic jams come from, because certainly she would be too fragile to drive because of the big bad meanie who dared to honk?
I honestly wonder how these people handle real life situations if they can't handle someone saying "silly" on an internet board.
And it's really too bad I missed this thread...or maybe not, lol. I'd probably have sent the poor dear into convulsions.
"oh, and usually those who tell me my sales suck sell $1 items and have made half of what I've made...just saying"
August 26, 2008 at 1:22:00 PM EDTYou've sold THREE THINGS! Yesterday I thought it was six (which was crappy enough) but after looking at your feedback I see it's really only three. (Which is supremely crappy.)
Based on what you have listed now I estimate your take on those three things to be somewhere around $200. That's a generous estimate.
Unless you are outsourcing to China, your beadwork is personally time consuming. If you are paying yourself an hourly wage you're probably earning about $3.00 an hour. Before taxes. Before materials. Before Etsy and PP fees.
I wouldn't waste my time that way. Most real craftspeople and artists have more self-respect and quite a few of us understand the basic concepts of running a business.
Sour grapes make crappy whine.
Just saying!
I missed the thread- calling something silly really isn't that big of a deal I suppose. My views are based on multiple posts over time.
August 26, 2008 at 1:58:00 PM EDTactually, I pay myself $10 an hour. I'm no newbie at what I do.
August 26, 2008 at 5:59:00 PM EDTAnd that wasn't the point.
and most who do try to use that argument on me have sold less monetarily wise. I've checked b/c I find it amusing. yup, it's easy to sell $5 and $10 items. It is.
It's easy to sell what people WANT. Be it a 5 dollar item or a 200 dollar item, if they want it they will pay the price.
August 26, 2008 at 7:24:00 PM EDTThat's why both McDonalds and Masa can exist in the same city.
The fact of the matter is, your stuff does not sell. Period. This is because people don't want to buy it, not because they are unable to afford it.
A smart business person would take that as a hint and adjust her product and expectations accordingly.
An ignoramus would stick her head in the sand and blame others.
Ten dollars an hour my ass. LMAO!
felt bad for saying it was easy. No, it's hard to promote a business. I know that.
August 26, 2008 at 8:59:00 PM EDTBut, people are a lot more apt to drop $5 or $10 than $100
LOL
August 26, 2008 at 9:00:00 PM EDTthe fact is, I haven't had a lot of time to sink into my business as of yet.
Etsy is not my life.
My jewelry is not my life.
Nor will it ever be.
That was never my intent.
I'm sorry that it is for you. It makes me feel bad for you.
i'm no fan of regal beads but complaining about her products --instead of -- detailing how annoying her behavior is in the forums is counter productive and just makes you look bad anonymous
August 26, 2008 at 10:59:00 PM EDTand its tacky
What a pitiful hissy fit this was, but she does tend to have them often. I wonder why anyone bothers even posting on her silly assed threads most of the time, but then I see who posts on them and it all becomes clearer.
August 27, 2008 at 12:24:00 AM EDTI agree with esme darling, RegalBeads may be a regal pain in the ass, but she does do nice work, and reducing yourself to the level of attacking her work is really petty and immature. I am sure she has been told more than once that it is her attitude that costs her sales. If she doesn't care enough to adjust, then let her carry on with her poison personality posts and waste her time.
August 27, 2008 at 10:52:00 AM EDT"the fact is, I haven't had a lot of time to sink into my business as of yet.
August 27, 2008 at 12:13:00 PM EDTEtsy is not my life."
You would have more time if you didn't spend so much time posting in the forums. It's very easy to tell how much time you waste there by looking at the time stamps so don't bother pretending otherwise.
Which leads me to my second point, your life IS how you spend your time.
For example, watching TV is not my life. That's why I don't own a TV. If I did own a TV and if I did spend ten hours a day watching and if I did tell everyone that it wasn't my life, I'd look like a liar.
Just saying!
Postscript: despite the fact that esme and the other dolt felt compelled to defend your lack of sales so they feel like good people, guess what? Your sales still suck.
very cute.
August 28, 2008 at 11:49:00 AM EDTand juvenile.
Since you don't know if I sit at work and browse the forums, or what I may be doing at the same time.
cuter than cute.
I left jr. high a long time ago
If you have time to study time stamps, I go back to what I said before and feel pity
by the way, those who don't have legitimate points attack others instead of discussing the true issue.
August 28, 2008 at 11:55:00 AM EDTPost a Comment