Yep, unfortunately, it's happened again....
Friday, August 15, 2008
Labels:
Abuse,
Calling Out,
Mature,
Site Help
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
By email -- closed.etsy.threads [at!] gmail.com
Instant Messenger -- ClosedEtsyThread on AIM or Closed.Etsy.Threads on GTalk
On Twitter -- ClosedThreads
16 comments
I don't understand why in their canned response they can't say "She's allowed to be here now lay off!" sheesh.
August 15, 2008 at 10:22:00 AM EDTOh, and I can't wait to see her blog.
And lol at my choice of words...lay...I really am a 7th grade boy! :)
I thought that Rob would lay the hammer down on this one earlier than he did.
August 15, 2008 at 12:00:00 PM EDTThough I'm glad that we had some laughs and supported CrotchStitch, I'm sure we haven't changed the offended lady's mind at all.
Well, it was fun while it lasted!
August 15, 2008 at 3:38:00 PM EDTWTF? She decided that someone hearting her shop is some kind of attack, and her response is to send harassing hate mail?
August 15, 2008 at 4:34:00 PM EDTHearting someone is not against the rules, sending harassing convos IS.
Listing mature items properly tagged is not against the rules, calling out IS.
And yet I predict Etsy will punish the victim again and nothing at all will happen to this serial rule-breaker. Because that's how they roll.
What I love is how much work she actually had to go through to get there.
August 15, 2008 at 4:52:00 PM EDTShe had to click on a store name with the word "crotch" right in it. Then she had to pick a listing, clearly marked "mature" THEN click the second picture, then BAM, PENIS (as it was eloquently put in this thread).
All of this so she could have the self-righteous pleasure of being offended.
Don't forget, ivy, it was all done while her child was there (I think she said).
August 15, 2008 at 5:01:00 PM EDTIt's crap like this that makes us "breeders" (*wink*) look like dumbasses. Because...when my children are around...I DON'T click on things that say CROTCH, MATURE, and PENIS. I mean...DUH.
There are several things Crotch Stitch could do to make her listings less vague and less likely to be opened by those who are easily offended.
August 16, 2008 at 12:35:00 AM EDTFor instance, her titles could stand a bit of clarification. In most the word "mature" is not even visible until the listing is open. Of course that leads to problems. Duh.
That she chooses not to do much of anything except complain when people are upset and pretend that she is trying to keep a low profile and closing one shop all the while promoting the hell out of the new shop in the forums tells me she's getting off (pun intended) on the negative attention.
I can see the word mature in the title before I open it, I don't know why you can't see it.
August 16, 2008 at 1:04:00 AM EDTI see the whole titles of every item.
The title of the item in question is "I touch myself", which is kind of a CLUE, even before you get to the mature disclaimer. Why are sex-phobes clicking links that are titled "I touch myself", in a store named crotch?
PENIS!!!
August 16, 2008 at 1:28:00 AM EDTi support embroidery pixel penises...
viva la twatstitch!
For instance, her titles could stand a bit of clarification. In most the word "mature" is not even visible until the listing is open. Of course that leads to problems. Duh.
August 16, 2008 at 2:13:00 AM EDT*****************************
Oh bullshit. The word "mature" is in all the titles...you're just too lazy to read them. Or you have "selected seeing" or something. Sheesh.
I think they might be viewing in gallery mode. I always view in list mode so I see the entire titles.
August 16, 2008 at 5:03:00 AM EDTShe is following the D&D though- they don't say "mature" has to be the first word.
But even if you didn't see the word "mature", doesn't the first part of the title "I touch myself" give you a hint it's going to be naughty?
And then, even if you do accidentally see a penis when you didn't want to, under what logic does that excuse sending hate mail to the artist?
Sorry but there is just no way you can blame that on crotchstitch.
I just counted. It takes three clicks to get to a reasonable-sized, bigger than thumbnail sized penis.
August 16, 2008 at 12:16:00 PM EDTThree.
It takes one click to go somewhere non-mature if your kids are peering over your shoulder at the screen.
One.
I'm not blaming the hate mail on CS. If you would read what I typed last time you would understand that I did nothing of the kind.
August 16, 2008 at 12:27:00 PM EDTNot all the titles are clear. That was my point. Not everyone views in list mode. If you read the name "Crotch Stitch" quickly, it looks very much like "Cross Stitch." I assume that was intentional.
She could easily include more photos and layer the word MATURE on the first one as many other sellers do. Also, if the word MATURE were listed first in her titles, there would be no confusion but then CS wouldn't be able to whine and post a new thread every time she receives a distastetful convo.
You have noticed that she spends quite a bit of time complaining in a very public fashion, haven't you?
It's publicity, plain and simple.
For the record, I do not believe children should be anywhere near a computer with online access until they are of legal age but as long as Etsy allows children to open shops, some will browse and see things they shouldn't. Yes, that is ultimately the parent's responsibility but remember that we're talking about parents who let their children wander about. Telling that kind of parent that they should be more protective is pointless. If they gave a damn, in the first place, their kids would be supervised.
I totally disapprove of the hatemail. But I clicked on that particular listing from the front page when it listed. ONE CLICK, full exposure. No names to help me out. I laughed, but I might have been laughing if I'd had a kid with me---which is why I don't surf etsy with my kiddo around.
August 16, 2008 at 2:32:00 PM EDT:D So, while I don't think it warranted being so vile to the listing person, it COULD happen easier than 3 clicks. :D
God forbid the attention should ever die down.
August 17, 2008 at 2:11:00 AM EDThttp://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5764545
CS brings new meaning to the phrase "trying to keep a low profile."
You know, even if you view her shop in gallery mode, 4 out of the 14 listings contain all or part of the word "mature".
August 18, 2008 at 4:25:00 AM EDTPerhaps it is unwise of me to assume this, but given the fact that almost 1/3 of her listings visibly state "mature" (or a portion thereof) while viewed in gallery mode, couldn't/shouldn't the delicate viewer be able to surmise the content before clicking on the full listing and finding his/herself struck with a case of the vapors?
Post a Comment