courtney slams etsy seller, have you seen this?

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6083847

9 comments

Unknown said...

I couldn't understand a damn thing that Courtney was saying in her blog - anyone know who she was railing against?

March 18, 2009 at 9:32:00 AM EDT
KreatedbyKarina said...

Here it is with spelling and grammar fixed...may make for an easier read:

The Trouble with Etsy - One Mean Girl......Written by Courtney Love March 17, 2009............

I don't know the point of it really, but its short! I'm on twitter as courtneylover79, because the real "Courtney Love" internet handles, have all been taken by others using my name. I tried to embed the widget, but, thats like me doing advanced calculus while reading Italian Vogue for the articles!

I'm not going to deal with this issue, until after my lawyer and the Austin Police deal with it. But, my Etsy adventures are about to end, if it turns out as I suspect, I have been stolen from. Financially yes, but never by anyone calling themselves a "Designer". A designer, has ever taken my best clothing and textiles and ripped me off like this. I restrained myself, when it was brought up by Arianne Phillips, who is my and Madonnas stylist, (though I use Panos now, but Airianne and I, are still great friends).............

It was lovely when Riccardo Givenchy called me the other night. Then, dealing with certain editors of certain Vogues and W. So far, I have not said anything about this Pennante "designer" and am usually pretty chilled out. But, man oh man, am I angry. I think it may work out and we can be "friends" again, but, she has received a vast amount of money from me. Over $40,000 dollars and I do not make people famous and get raped too! Besides, Etsy is great, but they need to get their admin. together. I have been assured they will they will remove her store completely, so she cant harm anyone else. ............

My assistant called me, because Etsy's vendors have called her crying about us using the word "flapper". She says its everyday! I don't like a bully, and neither does anyone else in the fashion industry. She's a genuienly nasty person, so I don't know what's making her "famous " will actually do for her. At some point, she will have show her face and that black vampiric energy that is around people who have sold drugs or were molested. Or, I could also be those grey bits of black in the aura.............

I'm too much of a pussy about people with this energy, and the thing I have got to learn is this - Unless they have some sort of brilliant infrastructure, those types of people never make it in the real world.

I've been assured from Etsy, that she will be removed and banished, but it's not enough. We had a deal and I gave her vast amounts of money. Clothes that I have been collecting for 8 years and $40,000. Is that not a vast amount of money? The clothes are insured for $340,000, but are worth more like $500,000. Some were, as I said, from a former Ziegfeld girls and some were a from silent film stars clothes.............

Generally, I would re-cycle them myself. I have impeccable taste and this is not someone who can make pants. But, I'm cursed. She sticks a piece of chiffon peacock colors all in lame velvet, old french notions, a bust of this silent film stars and that's astonishing. She's and older chick, so she's always blogging about who's clothes I'm wearing. Her things, I can't wear now.

When the CD comes out, I will wear what the hell I want

March 18, 2009 at 10:54:00 AM EDT
Unknown said...

Thanks Karina, that was easier to read... but still didn't make a whole lot of sense, god love her.

Did you translate that yourself? Kudos!

March 18, 2009 at 11:06:00 AM EDT
Barnett Em said...

WTF?! how can anyone understand what Courtney Love was saying

I guess when someone famous goes complaining to etsy, the seller gets banished as the seller she was talking about no longer exists...
though i still can't understand what the issue was

March 18, 2009 at 4:16:00 PM EDT
FishBulb500 said...

Courtney's Etsy shop is CherryForever666. Yes, it's a shop, not just a buyer account.

If you check her Feedback > Left For Others you might get what she's talking about, if it hasn't been removed.

March 18, 2009 at 5:40:00 PM EDT
eclipse said...

Em said...
I guess when someone famous goes complaining to etsy, the seller gets banished as the seller she was talking about no longer exists...
-------------

What do you mean? BoudoirQueen's shop is not gone.
Karina, wow you deserve a medal or something for managing to translate all of that into English! Between all the spelling and the length and lack of paragraph breaks it made my brain hurt trying to read it. I got like halfway through and needed to lie down.

It sounds like the issue is, Courtney gave the seller a bunch of vintage clothing and textiles to make into dresses for her, and the seller did not make the dresses and still has possession of the materials.

However I am guessing this transaction all took place outside of Etsy. They apparently met in person, signed a contract, and Courtney made some payment, but none of that was through Etsy. That was a private transaction. As far as I can tell from the feedback, Courtney did receive all the items she bought *through* Etsy. So really I don't know what Etsy admins can do about this, it is outside their jurisdiction. It's a matter for the police.

I hope Etsy cannot shut down a seller's Etsy shop due to some transaction dispute on another venue! Like imagine if you had a buyer claiming non-delivery on ebay, and they tried to get Etsy to shut down your etsy shop over it.

March 18, 2009 at 9:11:00 PM EDT
Unknown said...

Apearantly, she gave a seller a lot of money and a large amount of vintage clothing to have re-worked or whatever their agreement was and the seller did nothing but had kept everything. So, Courtney is taking legal action and ended up having the seller removed from etsy.

March 18, 2009 at 10:21:00 PM EDT
KreatedbyKarina said...

I didn't translate that myself, it was translated by one of her myspace friends in the comments--

March 19, 2009 at 8:55:00 AM EDT
Barnett Em said...

eclipse, i thought she was talking about BigAssedBindis, because she mentioned this seller in her blog but i was mistaken.
It seems that the seller she really had issues with is still around, thankfully.

March 19, 2009 at 1:14:00 PM EDT