I just find it hilarious the few responses made on these threads that were so hugely defending the Etsy seller.
none of us knows the details.
But having read Courtneys side (which one deserves a medal for being able to get through) it seems like she has just as much to be angry and to sue over.
Shes not automatically the bad guy just because shes famous.
I totally second Combustion Glassworks on every and each points. Thinking it through, people are just dirty jealous.
Everything Courtney said makes sense (I've read all the court report). I prefer someone who doesn't write super well and makes senses to someone who write perfectly well and says only bullshits. Or lies. Yes Courtney is over the top, but we love her just like that.
And once again, what happened to innocent until proven guilty? Not in the american law?
She has bought over 1700 things on Etsy.. thats freaking awesome.
There are two sides to every story and they both seem very plausible. One shouldnt automatically be innocent cause shes "one of us' and the other automatically guilty because shes famous and eccentric.
No matter.. the big winner here is Etsy. This is the most free publicity they have gotten in the 3 years ive been here.
Let me ask you this. Do you guys (Hyena and combustion) think it is fair the feedback CL left for other Etsy sellers, in which she rants about BQ being a thief? Other sellers who have nothing whatsoever to do with the case, just innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire? Do you think the average buyer reading that feedback will understand that it's not even about that seller, but is about someone else?
When there is no punctuation separating this sentence:
"THERE IS A THIEf HERE AND A BULLY PLEASE STAY AWAY this vendors great"
Do you think most people will think CL is warning people to stay away from THAT shop, not from a totally different shop? Would you want a feedback like that in your shop, even if it is a positive?
I totally agree, eclipse. Not only in the feedback, but to post a thread demanding etsy get rid of Boudoir Queen is completely against etsy rules, celebrity, good musician/actress notwithstanding.
That wouldn't be tolerated from a non-celebrity etsy member, why should it be from her?
I think CL is a good actress, and I love Hole, but I don't think she should be held above any other etsian.
So, sure, she has bought a ton of stuff but she IS going around etsy smearing and trying to ruin the career of BQ, who hasn't given her side of the story on etsy (from what I've seen, I could be wrong). So I'm not sure what kind of overall asset CL is right now.
Holy shit Eek.. i have not seen that. Definitely beyond the pale leaving feedback like that for sellers that have zero to do with it.
They should be removed but i can see why for legal reason, they arent.
My point was only that we dont know both sides and that the reaction to Courtney was that she was the devil incarnate.
now seeing these feedbacks, I definitely have less sympathy for her, but she still could have been screwed over too and just reacting ridiculously about it.
I am just looking forward to seeing how it all plays out..
7 comments
I just find it hilarious the few responses made on these threads that were so hugely defending the Etsy seller.
March 30, 2009 at 2:48:00 PM EDTnone of us knows the details.
But having read Courtneys side (which one deserves a medal for being able to get through) it seems like she has just as much to be angry and to sue over.
Shes not automatically the bad guy just because shes famous.
LOL yeah, when everyone was so happy about CL being on Etsy, in the back of my mind I thought 'yeah, she's a real asset to Etsy!...not!'...
March 30, 2009 at 2:56:00 PM EDTthis should be interesting to follow, can someone get me a Courtney Dictionary please?
I totally second Combustion Glassworks on every and each points.
March 31, 2009 at 1:55:00 AM EDTThinking it through, people are just dirty jealous.
Everything Courtney said makes sense (I've read all the court report). I prefer someone who doesn't write super well and makes senses to someone who write perfectly well and says only bullshits. Or lies.
Yes Courtney is over the top, but we love her just like that.
And once again, what happened to innocent until proven guilty? Not in the american law?
she has been an asset!
March 31, 2009 at 12:17:00 PM EDTShe has bought over 1700 things on Etsy.. thats freaking awesome.
There are two sides to every story and they both seem very plausible. One shouldnt automatically be innocent cause shes "one of us' and the other automatically guilty because shes famous and eccentric.
No matter.. the big winner here is Etsy. This is the most free publicity they have gotten in the 3 years ive been here.
Let me ask you this. Do you guys (Hyena and combustion) think it is fair the feedback CL left for other Etsy sellers, in which she rants about BQ being a thief? Other sellers who have nothing whatsoever to do with the case, just innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire?
April 1, 2009 at 12:39:00 AM EDTDo you think the average buyer reading that feedback will understand that it's not even about that seller, but is about someone else?
When there is no punctuation separating this sentence:
"THERE IS A THIEf HERE AND A BULLY PLEASE STAY AWAY this vendors great"
Do you think most people will think CL is warning people to stay away from THAT shop, not from a totally different shop? Would you want a feedback like that in your shop, even if it is a positive?
I totally agree, eclipse.
April 1, 2009 at 8:44:00 AM EDTNot only in the feedback, but to post a thread demanding etsy get rid of Boudoir Queen is completely against etsy rules, celebrity, good musician/actress notwithstanding.
That wouldn't be tolerated from a non-celebrity etsy member, why should it be from her?
I think CL is a good actress, and I love Hole, but I don't think she should be held above any other etsian.
So, sure, she has bought a ton of stuff but she IS going around etsy smearing and trying to ruin the career of BQ, who hasn't given her side of the story on etsy (from what I've seen, I could be wrong).
So I'm not sure what kind of overall asset CL is right now.
Holy shit Eek.. i have not seen that.
April 1, 2009 at 3:18:00 PM EDTDefinitely beyond the pale leaving feedback like that for sellers that have zero to do with it.
They should be removed but i can see why for legal reason, they arent.
My point was only that we dont know both sides and that the reaction to Courtney was that she was the devil incarnate.
now seeing these feedbacks, I definitely have less sympathy for her, but she still could have been screwed over too and just reacting ridiculously about it.
I am just looking forward to seeing how it all plays out..
Post a Comment