The future of etsy from a different perspective

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6068003

Some background on why this blog post has tags for multiple Etsy forum sections:

Please be sure to add this to your closed thread blog, It's a blatant display of cup cakes, cheerleaders, and trolls, and admin not giving a damn about anything other than the praise they believe they deserve. It was opened in the ideas section and stayed until it was no longer butt kissing cheerleaders (there was no IDEA other than shut up and stop whining about etsy). Hey Michelle weighed in to give her salute and say GREAT THREAD!! When the tone changed to an intelligent discussion about not shutting up, and the freedom to voice our opinions, and give Etsy our feedback, it was promptly moved to etc. When the butt kissing commenced it was moved to business topics (there was no business advice or discussion of business at all).

8 comments

eclipse said...

I wonder what the record is for the most times a single thread has been moved?
It would be funny to see a thread moved successively to every forum, like an easter egg hunt. Maybe they can do that for April fools day.
Or just change all the forums around in order so Etc is at the top, LOL that would cause some aneurysms!

March 10, 2009 at 7:37:00 PM EDT
Bria said...

it is possible that different admins moved the threads not knowing its been moved before... i don't know how likely that is, but i thought i'd throw it out there...

March 10, 2009 at 7:53:00 PM EDT

As far as *moving the thread?* I believe it may have been moved the first time to etc. because that was where it belonged.
Why in the world it was moved from etc. to business is a huge mystery, because it was not at all, about business.

It was definitely the strangest thread ever IMO. That is if I'm allowed to have one. *lol*

I would love to say more... but I am just so glad they finally closed it. It was flagged so many times. 6 times that I know of.
WTHeck!?

March 10, 2009 at 8:38:00 PM EDT
Brandye said...

All I know is that I voiced a differing opinion in a thread once and OP sent me a nasty convo. I think she's a self righteous bitch and when I see her my skin crawls. This is the first time I've mentioned it to anyone.

Did someone say cheerleader?

March 11, 2009 at 8:31:00 AM EDT

i love that i have been on etsy long enough to have seen when the cheerleaders were the loudest (muted) grumpy haters.

and Brandye, not like the rules are every fairly applied but that is abuse and should be reported. Shitty personal convoes are supposedly frowned upon.

March 11, 2009 at 11:30:00 AM EDT
Unknown said...

Brandye -- she sent you a hate-o-gram just because you didn't fawn over her? That's awful! It just reinforces my suspicions about her attitude, though. Such a disappointment that nasty people are allowed to roam free over there.

March 12, 2009 at 1:40:00 PM EDT

I heard about this thread long before I ever read it. I am not a fan of the OP. If you disagree with her she becomes extremely abusive. Not a fan.

March 16, 2009 at 4:20:00 AM EDT