"Hello? I see you make one of a kind special jewelry? I was wondering..."

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6084333

4 comments

Crazy Cat Lady said...

Oh please...give the poor person MY shop name. I could make something nice for her in that price range. When did etsy become a place for such snobs? Seriously? Many people just want something that looks pretty...it doesn't have to be made of the finest silver and gold. So use pewter instead of sterling. Sheesh.

March 18, 2009 at 10:20:00 AM EDT
Unknown said...

Hear hear Heather.

Personally, the attitude makes me not want to buy from the OP or others joining in the ignorant-buyer-bashing.

Some people have no freaking clue about what things cost, especially if they've never shopped for jewelry components.

What is the point of public buyer-bashing. Wouldn't it be better for one's reputation to privately educate the buyer?

Sheesh. Snobs is right.

March 18, 2009 at 11:09:00 AM EDT
Anonymous said...

LMAO!

This was a real life phone call - - NOT an Etsy convo. And she wanted sterling silver and real stones in an 18 inch necklace. If y'all can make that, I will be happy to call her and tell you will do so.

But we all know you WON'T because the costs of the material alone would be prohibitive.

But yeah, post here looking like you would LMAO!

March 19, 2009 at 1:07:00 AM EDT
Crazy Cat Lady said...

If it was a RL phone call I would probably invite her over and again - offer to make something nice for her, and show her the stones she could use that would be in her price range, and show her some nice pewter instead of silver, and talk to her about the difference and the price, or use less silver, or whatever.

I've done it before.

I don't think I'd go on about "sweatshop children" and bash her in the forums. But we all have our own way of doing business :)

March 19, 2009 at 11:28:00 PM EDT