Where is that link of Courtney Love

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5987749

27 comments

Barnett Em said...

stellaloella says:
There's no need to be so mean.
--------

oh yeah thanks, mom!


that was a weird close to say the least

oh and Don't do drugs kiddies!

March 25, 2009 at 7:24:00 PM EDT
stylesmith said...

Meh.

First up. Wry that was a hilarious incident...

Second up, I really don't think she looks all that bad.. I've seen much much worse. And I quite like those tights...

Lastly. Shade. I don't think that was a particularly cool statement. I happen to think she's extremely talented, as an actress and a musician. Opinions are one thing but at the end of the day she *is* an Etsy member...and yeah, there is no need to be so mean.

She just can't spell for shit.

March 25, 2009 at 10:46:00 PM EDT
Crazy Cat Lady said...

I kind of wish I had the balls to wear something like that in public too...I did when I was a teen. I kind of like it, except for the tights, ankle things and shoes.

I agree that the posts were mean...especially shade's. Disparaging a woman through her sexuality (whore) is a sign of an insecure male.

March 26, 2009 at 10:33:00 AM EDT
Anonymous said...

Yes, I called Courtney love “a talentless whore”
Why?
She is both. Firstly, she is in fact talentless, she has never been in a watchable movie, and any music she released after the death of her husband, is literally unbearable.
As for calling her a whore there are several reasons:

number one: she has pissed away and squandered literally all of the money from a hugely successful band. Other members of the same band have had literally no income after the break up of the band, and are still terribly wealthy. Which leads me to believe that drugs are what really lead her to be broke

number two: she sells her husbands possessions that I think she would want to save. I have in fact bought a large amount of memorabilia that I would think she may have wanted to keep. Such as letter form her late husbands to her, his Grammy nomination (which I bought) and she even sold and then lost all of his ashes (YES she sold his ashes)

Number three: I have met miss love in person. I was at a record shop in Philadelphia called “zipperhead” a store that was notorious for selling nirvana bootlegs. I was in after seeing hole (her band) concert at a place down the street with my girlfriend at the time. At the store I was hanging there with the usual after concert crowd, when who should storm in, but a VERY drunk Courtney love and a few handlers. She preceded to rant and rave about this store selling bootlegs and demanded they turn them over. At this point the store owner called the police. Before they arrived she staggered out of the store, and passed out in the street. Her dress (which was uglier then the one in question) was around her neck and her down stairs was open for all to behold. At this point her handlers carried her down the street/

Number four: she has pissed away a fortune that wasn't hers to piss away. She should have left some of it to her daughter.

number five: It was revealed in the biography of Kurt Cobain "heavier than heaven", that is based of his journal entries When she was introduced to him, he was nervous about dating her because she was a professional groupy, and was known to have sex for money/drugs/rides to and from concert/and access to bands.
which is in fact the definition of a prostitute/whore.

March 27, 2009 at 1:48:00 AM EDT
stylesmith said...

You can't state opinion as fact Shade.

You know better than that. I think she's funny, a good actress and I was a HUGE Hole fan...

That's my opinion. And I'm sticking with it.

Doesn't make me right or wrong...beside you've missed the point. Could you have gotten away with seriously calling ME a talentless whore on Etsy forums?

Nope.

Same deal here.

March 27, 2009 at 5:57:00 PM EDT
Erika said...

Wait, am I missing something? Why were scoshe's and 31stitches' comments ok, but not shade's? I'm not advocating bashing Etsians in the forums; but I think the woman's a trainwreck, and am no fan. And she's a public figure who has brought her crap rep onto her own head.

Is it just the word "whore"? Not a term I use myself, but for what it's worth he does qualify it, and I don't see it as being much more "mean" than "hot mess" or "like the bowels of etsy barfed on her".

March 27, 2009 at 9:45:00 PM EDT

Shade says: "number one: she has pissed away and squandered literally all of the money from a hugely successful band. Other members of the same band have had literally no income after the break up of the band..."

yes, I am sure Dave Grohl who went on to find the totally successful Foo Fighters has had literally no income.. Sure dude.

Whore is a SEXUAL term.. not just one you get to fling at any women on the sole basis she has a vagina. Youre not a whore because you sold some off your selfish husbands possessions to feed the kid you made together.

You come off like every other whiny nirvana fan of '95 who couldnt get over HE CHOSE his own actions.

But say what you will on a community that is 98% female..

March 28, 2009 at 2:51:00 AM EDT
Crazy Cat Lady said...

Sorry Chris...nothing that you say says "whore" to me. Everything you've described says "person with a drug/alcohol problem and possible mental illness". If a man was doing the same thing, would you call him a "whore"? I don't think so.

I love Nirvana, and also liked Hole.

And, I was in Zipperheads and Skinz when you were still in diapers. So there, lol. And my DH puked on Moby in NYC when he was drunk and in his 20's...does that make DH a "whore"? I didn't know getting drunk and making an ass out of yourself was the definition of "whore" now, lol.

March 28, 2009 at 1:46:00 PM EDT
Erika said...

Ok, then make it about the use of the word whore. It can't be about his opinion of CL (which he has a right to), or about his saying shit about her on the grounds of her being an Etsy member, because then Scoshe and 31stitches should be taken to task as well.

March 28, 2009 at 1:50:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

Everyone seems to have missed Shade's Number 5 regarding the "whore" thing:

"number five: It was revealed in the biography of Kurt Cobain "heavier than heaven", that is based of his journal entries When she was introduced to him, he was nervous about dating her because she was a professional groupy, and was known to have sex for money/drugs/rides to and from concert/and access to bands.
which is in fact the definition of a prostitute/whore."

March 28, 2009 at 5:08:00 PM EDT

I thought it was common knowledge and fact that she is a whore. Is it always a nice thing to tell the truth? No. Yes, it was mean. Was it opinion? No.

So, let's break this down again. ShadeJewelry told a mean fact. Yes, it is mean. No, it is not opinion.

That being said, I don't think Shade was in the right. Shade, be nice!

March 28, 2009 at 7:52:00 PM EDT
stylesmith said...

Not really Erika.

Shade made a comment that was offensive on a personal level. Which is why we have a problem with what he said.

Wry and 31Stitches commented on the outfit itself. Not the same thing. Not necessarily nice but a least it's more objective. And read as an opinion as opposed to a damnation.

Combustion...that's how I read it to...oh wait you're a diehard Nirvana fan that thinks she killed him...makes sense now...

I've met carbon copies of you before.

Sigh.

I hope my hubby never gets famous and kills himself.

I'm sure that'd be a barrel of laughs.

March 28, 2009 at 8:06:00 PM EDT
stylesmith said...

How is it fact when some people

a) Believe her to be talented.
b) Don't think she's a whore.

Fact is undeniable truth.

March 28, 2009 at 9:39:00 PM EDT
eclipse said...

Truth is a defense against libel but not against calling out. We aren't allowed to say negative things about other etsy members on the etsy forums EVEN IF they are true negative things.
Because if you open that can of worms, there are some true & negative things which could be said about MANY forum posters.

March 28, 2009 at 10:23:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

Combustionglassworks,
there were three members of nirvana, dave grohl is still in music, but the bass player Kris novoselic has pretty much done nothing of note since nirvana, and is still set.
Courtney love is broke, despite having the income from hole, and more income from nirvana then the other memebers.
makes ya think?

March 29, 2009 at 4:31:00 AM EDT
Anonymous said...

And no, I did not call her a whore because she does drugs/drinks/makes an ass of herself.
I called her a whore because she has literally had sex for money. that by definition makes you a whore. simple as that.
I DID not mean that the every woman was a whore, please, don't read between the lines in there are no lines to read between.

March 29, 2009 at 4:35:00 AM EDT

The talentless part is an opinion, but the fact that she had sex for money is well-known, making her a whore. The thread was started as a call out. So, that really can't be blamed on Shade. I think everyone agrees that it was not a nice thing for Shade to say, but he didn't start the thread.

March 29, 2009 at 12:30:00 PM EDT
kcroteau said...

It doesn't matter if Shade started the thread or not - he is under the same rules as the rest of the Etsy community: no personal attacks on other Etsy members in the forums.

Courtney is an Etsy member, and Shade made a personal attack. End of story.

March 29, 2009 at 1:05:00 PM EDT
Erika said...

"It doesn't matter if Shade started the thread or not - he is under the same rules as the rest of the Etsy community: no personal attacks on other Etsy members in the forums.

Courtney is an Etsy member, and Shade made a personal attack. End of story."
----------------

Then this should apply to these comments as well:

"She looks like the bowels of etsy barfed on her."

"She really is the definition of the term "hot mess" isn't she?"

March 29, 2009 at 1:27:00 PM EDT
stylesmith said...

CrochetingHands...

Source that says categorically that she had sex for money?

Not a well known fact. Sorry love.

Not even Shade is claiming she had sex for money...

Who knew the definition of whore was so objective?

March 29, 2009 at 1:43:00 PM EDT
FishBulb500 said...

Speaking of Courtney Love, now she's apparently sending nasty threads to Boudoir Queen:

http://tinyurl.com/dezaov

March 29, 2009 at 3:18:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

stylesmith,
I AM saying she has done that.
it was written about in a biography of her husband that is based off his journals. Which she sued and so on to not have published, because she felt that it portrayed her in a negative light. Which of course it did.

March 29, 2009 at 4:05:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

She basically goes around moaning and crying about how broke she is, and how much people have stolen from her. All I'm saying is that she have been given ungodly amounts of money, like 10's of millions, and she's crying poverty.
And I feel she's just doing it to stay in the lime light. Because honestly if she was poor why is she buying non-essential things on etsy?
If i was broke I wouldn't go around buying new clothes.
Call me crazy.

March 29, 2009 at 4:09:00 PM EDT
stylesmith said...

Did she sue successfully Shade?

As that makes you wonder.. and remember a biography isn't the 100% truth either.

See honey, in 1995 you were 7. You weren't there, you don't know for a fact.

You may think she has behaved like a whore. You may not like her. No one says you have to.

But you cannot and should not call a woman a whore and state it as fact, because you read some emo biography.

ESPECIALLY. Which is the point you keep missing. On the Etsy Forums.

Where you would not dare call any of us here a whore, even if you happened to read it somewhere...hell I've been called a whore before. I've maybe even done some ho-like things.

But I am no damn whore. And even if you thought I was you cannot state it as fact.

March 29, 2009 at 7:24:00 PM EDT
eclipse said...

Look, stylesmith got muted for a month for calling a racist a racist.
Many people have been muted for calling an idiot an idiot, or for calling a troll a troll, etc.
It does not matter if the person IS in fact the thing they are being called.

So even if CL was a whore, the point is you can't CALL her a whore on the etsy forums. So therefore, whether she is or isn't a whore is actually irrelevant.
Etsy doesn't care about accuracy, they want everyone to play NICE.
Truth is irrelevant on Etsy.

March 29, 2009 at 8:37:00 PM EDT
StephanieK said...

I think if we are to take Shade to task for calling her a whore, let's look at what CL herself called an Etsy seller recently. She called her a whore as well as many other things. What goes around comes around, so I just really cannot have much sympathy for Courtney right now.

March 29, 2009 at 10:07:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

Style and eclipse, your right, I guess it being 100 percent true doesn't make it right to say.
And listen, I don't think all woman are whores, and would definitely never call someone one based on there sex.

March 30, 2009 at 1:48:00 AM EDT