Blogs that trash etsy stores

Friday, April 24, 2009

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6128478

9 comments

Holly said...

It's really pretty entertaining...

http://etsycallout.wordpress.com/2009/04/17/overstockcom-for-all-of-vonladys-handmade-needs/

April 24, 2009 at 11:10:00 AM EDT

holy wow to that link, omg!

socialists, the Chinese.. the comments have everything!

April 24, 2009 at 5:13:00 PM EDT
Barnett Em said...

wow, that was very entertaining Fresh Peaches

April 24, 2009 at 9:49:00 PM EDT
Unknown said...

So, supposing for a moment that Vonlady is telling the truth and her sister makes the jewelry, she is still breaking etsy rules by listing the same piece in more than one venue, isn't she?

WhytheF has nothing been done about that by etsy?

I guess if they're getting the fees they don't give a crap how the integrity of their website is compromised.

April 25, 2009 at 12:50:00 PM EDT
JH said...

Wow, that lady is something else! If you just glance over her listings at various sites, the similarities are glaringly obvious.

And Jennifer, that's a good question -- one I wish Etsy would answer.

April 25, 2009 at 3:14:00 PM EDT
Crazy Cat Lady said...

etsy can't tell you where you can post your items on the web. You just can't list your other selling venues on your etsy site IF you sell the same type of stuff as your etsy store. Like, I can't list my artfire shop on my etsy shop because I list jewelry on both. But if I was selling old baby clothes on ebay I could list my ebay shop in my etsy profile.

At least, I think that's how it works. Who the hell knows? I doubt they even know...one admin will say one thing while another says something else, lol. But really - how can they control what you do on other parts of the internet?

April 26, 2009 at 4:05:00 PM EDT
JH said...

Heather -- Etsy doesn't say you can't post similar items on other sites. You aren't supposed to list the *same unique items* on Etsy at the same time as multiple other sites, which I would think might just be common sense.

If you have only one Whatever and you put up that Whatever for sale three different places, what will you do when that *one* Whatever sells in *three* different places?

April 27, 2009 at 1:13:00 PM EDT
WindysDesigns said...

JulesCrafts, you are wrong. You can list the same unique items in as many online venues as you want. Whtat the rules say you can't do is link to those sites on Etsy.

Etsy doesn't have an exclusivity agreement with anyone's items that they cannot be sold elsewhere. And if it happens that the same unique item sells in two placdes at the same time, oh well, that's the sellers problem.

April 28, 2009 at 12:33:00 AM EDT
eclipse said...

Actually I think the OLD do's and don'ts might have said that if you have a OOAK item, you can't list it multiple places besides Etsy. The 'new' D&D removed that, because it really isn't Etsy's authority to say what you do outside of Etsy. But that rule does sound familiar as something that used to be there a couple of years ago.
(the 'new" rules are pretty old by now, but I just mean new in the sense of most recent)

April 30, 2009 at 10:22:00 PM EDT