"I agree on not wanting to see super skinny models showing ribs, it's sick. No Skeltors!" _______________________________
briaberger says:
If I said something like this about overweight models, I would be ripped to shreds. Lets hold off the name-calling for people of all sizes.
THANK YOU bria! Some of us thin girls can't help being thin ... it's our body type and genetics, and it doesn't mean we're not healthy or that we don't eat. I get tired of hearing people say such things like "eat a sandwich." If I said that overweight people eat *too many* sandwiches, the forums would be in an uproar. Fuck.
While I understand what you're saying, do you honestly think that overweight people don't get told that every single day? A friend of mine was enjoying her first ice cream this summer, and someone drove by and actually stopped, rolled down the window and told her that maybe she shouldn't eat that. Ok, they put it a bit more bluntly than that, but still.... Yes, she's overweight, but come on!
4 comments
"I agree on not wanting to see super skinny models showing ribs, it's sick. No Skeltors!"
June 3, 2009 at 4:38:00 AM EDT_______________________________
briaberger says:
If I said something like this about overweight models, I would be ripped to shreds. Lets hold off the name-calling for people of all sizes.
THANK YOU bria! Some of us thin girls can't help being thin ... it's our body type and genetics, and it doesn't mean we're not healthy or that we don't eat. I get tired of hearing people say such things like "eat a sandwich." If I said that overweight people eat *too many* sandwiches, the forums would be in an uproar. Fuck.
While I understand what you're saying, do you honestly think that overweight people don't get told that every single day? A friend of mine was enjoying her first ice cream this summer, and someone drove by and actually stopped, rolled down the window and told her that maybe she shouldn't eat that. Ok, they put it a bit more bluntly than that, but still.... Yes, she's overweight, but come on!
June 3, 2009 at 7:50:00 PM EDTI just thought the name-calling was unnecessary. I don't want to be called names for my size any more than anyone else does *shrugs*
June 3, 2009 at 10:57:00 PM EDTEveline, just because it happens to heavy people is no reason it should happen to thin people.
June 4, 2009 at 4:16:00 PM EDTPost a Comment