So, a consignment shop scammed me
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Labels:
Business Topics,
Calling Out,
Lisajune
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
By email -- closed.etsy.threads [at!] gmail.com
Instant Messenger -- ClosedEtsyThread on AIM or Closed.Etsy.Threads on GTalk
On Twitter -- ClosedThreads
6 comments
"Hi, I'm Lisa and I'm an asshole! If you have a problem, don't flame it on the forums! If you have a problem, convo someone privately about it from the forums - and if you're new and don't know anyone on the forums from your ass crack, you're shit out of luck! Good luck with that!"
June 21, 2009 at 12:05:00 AM EDThahaha so she was totally wrong with her closing post as Rob already clarified it in the other two threads. what an idiot.
June 21, 2009 at 11:49:00 AM EDTPretty soon nobody will be allowed to post on the forums at all.
June 21, 2009 at 12:52:00 PM EDT"Hi, I'm FishBulb..."
"Please do not post anything on the forums. I'll have to close this thread now."
You can't talk about non-Etsy stuff now? Sheesh.
Christ, the only thing she's missing is the little black moustache. :>P
June 21, 2009 at 2:05:00 PM EDTso no more talking about any transactions...... period?
June 21, 2009 at 4:36:00 PM EDTsee this is the bad thing about admin clearing things up with a post in a thread that then gets closed cause no one but those who posted in that thread or come here would even know about it.
June 21, 2009 at 7:52:00 PM EDT___________________________________________
RobWhite says:
Hey there, friends.
First, please allow me to clarify:
1) Though we don't encourage discussion of off-Etsy transactions, as long as no private information is shared they aren't specifically against the rules and will typically not be closed. The main thing to keep in mind here is that the Etsy Forums aren't the place to say "_____________ is a terrible buyer/seller," regardless of venue.
2) We do not allow discussions surrounding specific legal matters (yours or other members of the Etsy community) or copying disputes on the Etsy Forums. General discussions of copyright or specific laws are fine, though discussions -about- copying traditionally get pretty dicey.
Overseeing the actions of Etsy's Forum moderators is my responsibility, and as such I want to offer you my personal apologies for any and all errors made - I take responsibility for those I'm actively working with our new moderator lisajune as she becomes more familiar with the Etsy community, and the whole Forums Team meets on a regular basis to confer on recent Forums happenings.
As a point of reference, we had originally intended on using the EtsyTrainee account for several weeks but ran into some difficulties executing administrative functions with it. I regret the error in not being more forthright about that, but training went forward from there.
You are always welcome to write to us at community (!at) etsy dot com or to convo me directly to share your feedback about the Forums. I take every suggestion seriously (as we all do!) and always appreciate the perspective that can be gained from members new and old.
Lastly, I want to offer one important reminder that we ask you to be respectful to each individual member of the Etsy community, as well as to not call them out. This includes each individual admin, whether they be working behind the scenes at Etsy or more directly with you, members of the Etsy community. If you have concerns about any specific admin, please bring those to us privately.
(And because I caught up with the thread immediately after finishing this, when fighting a Gorn, do what Kirk does, aim for the zipper)
Posted at 1:08 am, June 21 2009 EST - Report this post
Post a Comment