This reminds me of folks I've dealt with who are against shots because "the evil government made them", and then when they get the virus, they're pissed they don't have a good treatment for it and say "the government made the virus". Well, genius, you had your prevention and didn't take it. Now, deal. Don't blame the government for your stupidity.
My great grandmother was one of the people who died from the swine flu vaccine decades ago, so I can understand why some people would not want to get it.
This is really opening my eyes to how much censorship is going on in the Etsy forums. I've frequently been irritated by the "goody goodies" on there... but this goes way further.
They felt it was a threat to Etsy for members to debate the flu vaccine? wtf?
5 comments
What a breakdown.
July 30, 2009 at 10:34:00 PM EDTThis reminds me of folks I've dealt with who are against shots because "the evil government made them", and then when they get the virus, they're pissed they don't have a good treatment for it and say "the government made the virus". Well, genius, you had your prevention and didn't take it. Now, deal. Don't blame the government for your stupidity.
My great grandmother was one of the people who died from the swine flu vaccine decades ago, so I can understand why some people would not want to get it.
July 31, 2009 at 1:33:00 PM EDTMy husband is working IN Mexico, has been since the spring, he says the only ones freaking out about the swine flu is the Americans...
July 31, 2009 at 9:06:00 PM EDTThis is really opening my eyes to how much censorship is going on in the Etsy forums. I've frequently been irritated by the "goody goodies" on there... but this goes way further.
July 31, 2009 at 10:07:00 PM EDTThey felt it was a threat to Etsy for members to debate the flu vaccine? wtf?
Some people with ME/CFS feel they got it after a swine flu shot in the 1970s. It would not surprise me one bit if that turned out to be the case.
August 1, 2009 at 12:41:00 AM EDTFlu shots are not for everyone, not even for swine flu.
Post a Comment