I just don't like "secret admirers"...

Saturday, July 18, 2009

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6220748

9 comments

gotta love how the OP ended up with almost half of her hearts being Secret Admirers (yep, I hearted her as an SA too).

It's probably driving her crazy.

July 18, 2009 at 10:17:00 PM EDT
Belle Sade said...

A part of me wants to report her to Taggies.

July 19, 2009 at 12:30:00 AM EDT
Caroline said...

Wow, just wow. I wonder if her other shop was one I reported to Taggies?

July 19, 2009 at 12:55:00 PM EDT
J said...

hahaha!

If you're going to publically complain about hearts, be prepared to get favorited by whomever you're complaining about. You deserve it.

jenstitches

July 19, 2009 at 2:03:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

peaseblossomstudio said...
Wow, just wow. I wonder if her other shop was one I reported to Taggies?
_____________________

You found time to mess with another seller's business, rather than doing something constructive like improving your own shop or the charity work that you recommend to others?

You fuck with anonymous people and like to brag about it. Not to mention you're an arrogant asswipe in the forums. I'm guessing that's why you're the unflattering object of discussion on a few blogs, Twitter, etc.

The saying, "You reap what you sow" comes to mind.

July 19, 2009 at 4:43:00 PM EDT
Caroline said...

calpix, I reported one shop a long time ago. I am opposed to the manufacture and selling of counterfeit goods. I always have been and I was long before I joined Etsy and now I actually don't have the time to report.
I am sorry you have little to do other than to point out my failings and follow me around the internet. I might argue and disagree in the fora, but I have the wherewithall to apologize when necessary and try to correct my mistakes. I am human after all!

July 19, 2009 at 10:42:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

Um Peace, I don't follow you around. I run 2 successful Etsy shops, sell on ebay as well as have a 9-5 job, so I am quite busy with that, family and friends and yes I do volunteer work as well.

I like to read the forums when I can and always see you're condescending posts and your countless markbookings.

We have not talked in the forums, because frankly I don't want to be muted.

I'm not the one who is the subject of blog posts, badmouthed on Twitter, etc. I don't talk down to anyone.

Oh and I didn't say you weren't human. It just seems you worry too much about what others do and seem to assume much and think the worse of people. That is the only Peace I have seen... if you have a nicer side, you should show that one more often. I bet you will be happier.

Oh and if you have apologized in the past, good for you. But don't keep making the same mistakes (snarky posts) over again because it makes your apologies seem insincere.

July 20, 2009 at 1:02:00 AM EDT
Caroline said...

calpix, I will just have to take your word for it, because I don't know who you are (I strongly suspect I have figured it out, though). I have posted in many many threads in my time on Etsy, probably over 5,000, maybe 100-150 were controversial where I said something I regretted. That's less than 3% of my posts. People who get their "Etsy news" from Closed Threads and/or a myriad of off Etsy sources have a skewed picture of anybody. I too, used to look all over the juicy off Etsy sites for "news" about people, and then, one day, I realized it's a big waste of time. I would rather just interact through the Etsy fora. If someone gets muted, they are the only ones responsible (with a few rare exceptions in the past). No one else can make anyone say anything. Many times I have walked away from discussions, and you know what? It does make one happier. :-) See you around the fora. ;-)

July 20, 2009 at 12:43:00 PM EDT
eclipse said...

Any time you start a thread like this, two things are going to happen:
1. Secret admirers who liked your stuff and might have bought from you will unheart you.
2. Tons of Secret admirers who have no intention of buying your stuff will heart you just to annoy you.

Lesson:
Don't start threads complaining about hearts!

July 21, 2009 at 5:09:00 PM EDT