Petition to bring back Chris of SHADE JEWELRY

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6241198

4 comments

Molls said...

Wow. What's the allure of Shade Jewelry? It must be the drama of it all. His fans might best serve him by allowing him to go quietly so that he can salvage his professional reputation. The more people cry about the alleged injustice, the more attention they're bringing to the questionable areas of his business.

August 5, 2009 at 11:31:00 PM EDT
Christie said...

Why won't people just let this go? They're acting like Shade is an innocent sacrificial lamb to Etsy. I'm sure that Etsy would not kick off such a high $$$ seller if there were not a good reason.

August 6, 2009 at 8:44:00 AM EDT
Unknown said...

Reading through all of this Shade drama, it seems that the issue of the person if getting blurred with the issue of etsy not being consistent with their 'policies'.

I get that the consistency issue is a very disturbing one, but the personal issue of Shade being a victim seems pretty disingenuous (sp?).

Yeah, Shade was a 'regular' on the forums and yes he was one of the fawned-over males, but that doesn't mean that maybe, just maybe, his buyers were very screwed and he deserved to be removed as a result.
I sure don't know for certain, but as someone who's lost money to a shyster on etsy I can see where buyers of multi-hundred$ jewelry would be very rightfully pissed off if they lost their money and would pressure etsy to take firm steps to fix it. And if that is the case, I am very glad etsy took such a stand.

(I'll stop rambling now)

August 6, 2009 at 2:39:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

just to clarify....
NOT ONE person that has ever bought a ring from me has either not getting money back, or rings.

August 12, 2009 at 5:55:00 PM EDT