Shade, are you back yet?

Monday, August 3, 2009

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6235271

13 comments

Erika said...

Wow, god forbid some people should ever find out about my private business around Etsy...way to air laundry, indeed...

August 3, 2009 at 11:37:00 AM EDT
Belle Sade said...

Is he really banned or something?

Damn, I wanted him to make my wedding rings.

August 3, 2009 at 1:20:00 PM EDT
Unknown said...

I dunno if this is fair or not. If it's true what's being told in the forums, that he gave proof and still was closed, then probably no.

...however, looking at his feedback, he's been pretty late with shipping items (even in the positives there's comments about "takes a long time", and in the negatives there's both "past the stated business day delay" and "assured me they were shipped but never arrived and provided no tracking number".

For awhile there was even feedback from someone who said that she was out around $1000, never got her stuff, was past the Paypal file date, and bought a ring sizer from Shade just so she could tell her story in feedback (it was removed).

I don't agree with buying something just to have the option of telling your horror stories, but common sense says that for someone to feel driven to do that... well, maybe she really IS out the $1000.

Honestly, given the track record in his feedback, I don't find this surprising. Sad? Sure. Surprising? No. Walks like a duck, etc. etc. :(

I'm not a cupcake, but before we crucify Etsy for this... is it not possible, given all this evidence, that they may be in right action here? I have NOTHING against Shade personally, but don't we want them to shut down sellers who take money and don't send things, or who lie to customers about shipping times?

As always, I could be wrong. This is just how it looks to me. *shrug*

August 3, 2009 at 1:29:00 PM EDT
Sarah said...

I've seen sellers with much worse feedback still allowed to stay. It would surprise me if that's the reason.

August 3, 2009 at 5:25:00 PM EDT
eclipse said...

People seem confused about the difference between banning and shop suspension. Etsy can suspend just the selling portion of an account without suspending the entire account.
The account is still there and can buy, chat, send convos, and post in forums, but it cannot list any items.

August 3, 2009 at 5:27:00 PM EDT
Belle Sade said...

No offense, but if he's getting banned over that, then Gemma should be ISP-banned...

August 3, 2009 at 6:06:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

Shade obviously confided in Choconaut in emails or convos, so why in the hell would she bring his business to the forums? Real nice friend there.

Shade is well liked and I do enjoy him in the forums, but I have to admit this makes me feel that Etsy isn't looking the other way for his many reports of alleged non-delivery just because he brings Etsy a lot of money.

If he wasn't a well liked forum regular, I doubt if most of the regulars would of been this kind with their silence.

I really like Shade and hope he is able to turn it around. It would probably benefit him to not post in the forums until all his business responsibilities are taken care of. Of course this is just my opinion.

Maybe Etsy should look into Gemmafactrix, since her feedback is atrocious! Oh, and can't forget beadworkpaula. I feel so bad for any sellers that have the misfortune to have that "buyer" stumble upon their shop. She obviously has issues.

August 3, 2009 at 7:02:00 PM EDT
MaBelle said...

I think Shade is a decent guy but it has to be frustrating to order a ring, not receive it, and then see him all over the forums.

Choconaut is either extremely passive aggressive or is a moron.

August 3, 2009 at 11:35:00 PM EDT
Margaret said...

Gemma actually doesn't have one single item in her shop right now. Is she finished with etsy?

August 4, 2009 at 1:03:00 PM EDT

Gemma actually doesn't have one single item in her shop right now. Is she finished with etsy?

>>>>>

gemma opened another shop

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7521489

she does disclose her gemmafactrix store in her shop policies page but not the other ones she has.

Trying to run away from her bad feedback?

August 4, 2009 at 5:20:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

I guess there is something to be said for NOT being known in the forums and such on Etsy. Lots of faceless shops have bad feedback, but don't get kicked off. But I'm sure if its one of the well known names from around the etsy forums, it will get attention faster--even if its subconscious.

August 4, 2009 at 9:56:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

Look, I know he's a popular guy, funny...engaging. We all love his forum persona..

BUT..

I would be pissed if I saw him on the forums everyday day & night and I was waiting for my rings.
(WHICH is seperate from Gemma!!!)

Im sorry if that opinion makes me unpopular but holy crow!!!

I think at one time or the other we have all felt like we are spending to much time in the forums, and it is somehow hurting us..our creativity..our time management...or ass size..whatever.
I think forum time was effecting his output.

That is all.

August 5, 2009 at 7:06:00 PM EDT
Anonymous said...

"I think at one time or the other we have all felt like we are spending to much time in the forums, and it is somehow hurting us..our creativity..our time management...or ass size..whatever."

I know that my time in the forums is affecting my ass size... for real. I eat more while I'm sitting at this computer reading the forums then any other time. lol

August 5, 2009 at 7:43:00 PM EDT