Honestly, these people are driving me crazy. They are uncomfortable with a president who has a different skin color than they have. I just WISH they could admit that to themselves.
Margaret got it. Hmmm...a bunch of rural white people crying about "wanting their country back" but never able to say what they lost on 01/20/09? Yeah. This wouldn't be going on if Obama was white; not to this extent!
I just wish Obama would say he likes air, and that breathing air is really awesome. Then all these idiots would start breathing water and we'd be rid of them.
Can you really not fathom that in any way shape or form that there is no other reason to not trust Obama other than his skin color? Its a shame that so many people are afraid to speak their mind for fear of being labeled a racist.
Yeah, cause there is NO OTHER reason why we could not like someone who is doing so many things that go against our fundamental beliefs. It ALL has to be about his skin color. 52% DISapproval rating, people. 52%! A negative 11 approval index. Is 52% of this country ONLY concerned about him being black? What about the black, mexican, indian, etc, people within that group?
You can't make a better argument? That's all ya got? Well, that's just sad. Are we supposed to give him special allowances because he's black, and not debate the issues?
And they say the people on the right are called close minded. Yup...tolerant--that's what the left is. As long as the people in question believe everything they do, cause God help them if they believe something different! One slight variation, and Devil be damned.
I'm sick of it being implied that I am a racist SIMPLY because I do not like Obama. Its infuriating, and insulting. Of course, there are people that are against him because of that-just as there are people that voted for him for that very reason.
I don't trust Obama because of his many shady associations, I don't trust him because of the Czars he has appointed, I don't trust him because of the programs he is trying to rush through, I don't trust him because of the people he has appointed/nominated for positions, I don't trust him for many many reasons. I don't trust him because he has no damn executive experience. Any one of these things by itself--maybe not such a big deal. But all of them considered together--big, huge deal. Stop ignoring all of the valid other reasons just to make yourself feel better.
"I just wish Obama would say he likes air, and that breathing air is really awesome. Then all these idiots would start breathing water and we'd be rid of them." ________________
LMAO! Ahhh, that and the Rapture, and I'll be good!
where were all the anti socialism folks screaming when their country started subsidizing the oil industry, the insurance industry and the farming industry.not to mention the insane tax breaks for large industries such as walmart. where were they when we deregulated banking and securities?
i'd believe all of this anti socialism talk if one person could explain why those industries should be supported by your tax dollars and health care should not.
p.s before you use any statistics from glenn beck, rush limbaugh or sean hannity, you should know that not one of them was ever able to FINISH one college class. just a class- not a semester, or a year or a degree but a class. these are uneducated fear mongers that use hyperbole to instigate people who cannot think for themselves. and all drop outs who were unable to get through a basic exercise in higher education. barely finished high school. dont tell me they were drug addicts or recovering or whatever. they are pitiful. they dont use information or facts that can be backed up with evidence because they DONT KNOW HOW TO. it is sad because they may have some good points hidden in there but because of their delivery they will always be pitiful. you dont have to have a college degree or one class to be educated, but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize when you listen to their points and stack them up, nothing makes sense. they poke fun at teachers and schools because they were unable to learn for whatever reason. they truly believe that liberals are trying to infiltrate their children's lives. they should be more worried about lead toys from china. maybe that is what they chewed on as kids.
Who are the people that Obama should come in contact with.
People act as if he is this weak minded individual, who cannot have his own damn opinions. if he reads books and associates himself with different people from different backgrounds, then some how he is going to get coodies or something. whatever.
How slow should the bills be before they get passed? Should they be as fast as the vote on the war? or as slow as the 10 years it took to raise the minimum wage?
Did you take into account the people who give him a negative in approval rating, are also dems who are tired of him giving in to the republicans, when they have no intention of do the same? You can add me on that one. He is being too damn nice. frankly.
In order for bipartisanship to work, it has to go both ways. PERIOD.
When you hear assholes yelling, "I want my country back", who in the hell took THEIR country? Where in the hell was this when the Bush admin, was doing all of their illegal shit and running this countries name into the ground. *crickets
There are people who truly don't agree with Obama's ideologies. That is going to happen.
But there is another group, who don't like him because he is black. who's protest are seeping with racial undertones. The damn election showed that loud and clear. They hide their racist ideologues with false protest. Some of the same crap they want to have false outrage about, was done by past admin. with no problem.
Lets not get into the idiots who choose to believe any and everything beck/rush/malkin tell them. Reading is fundamental.
Here we go with the experience crap. This is the same nonsense that was used about Clinton. Mccain had more "experience" then Obama. Does that mean he would be doing a better job? Hell no.
Which one is Obama? a facist/marxist/left wing radical/nazi/
just dont see how a basic speech about staying in school, not dropping out and how education is tied to the growth of our country becomes a "cult of personality" "socialist ideology" or "communist doctrine." unless you werent paying attention in school and dont know what those words mean that is. shouldnt your children learn what those words mean -at least then with my taxpayer dollars.
i guess those against it dont want their kids to stay in school and dont want to waste any time their children spend in school encouraging them to do well. maybe they can all gang up and bully another child, throw spit balls and secretly kick each other while it is on.
something good must be going on in our country if this is all they can find to gripe about, right?
I will stick with left wing radical. Who is losing the moderates that helped him get into office. I will also add rookie to that.
How do you know that people are 'hiding' their racial tendencies with false protest? Do you know them all? I'm thinking no, and that you are just assuming. typical.
I never agreed with GW Bush, BUT thought it was great when he visited schools in the DC area and read books to elementary schoolers along with his wife. There are just some things that are not political. If the president of your country wants to take a moment out of his very busy schedule to wish the country's school kids well at the beginning of the school year, where is the problem in that? I'm completely missing it. And I'm absolutely certain that I watched Ronald Reagan speak directly to little kids once on a tv wheeled into our classroom when I was little. I was in awe that the president was talking to us.
What exactly is the argument against having the President speak to school students? If someone could explain why the president isn't considered worthy of speaking to kids I would love to understand this better.
these dumbshits think he is a Marxist/Socialist/communist/Democrat/Liberal all in one... never dawning on them that maybe these are all different ideologies because they all believe DIFFERENT SHIT!@
He is the President of the United States! I agree that those who do not want their children hearing the Pres speak to them about the value of education either don't want to admit that this great man is Black or don't want their children to. Anyone who says that this is not closeted racism is not educating themselves about the man and his policies. He is a very conservative, pragmatic guy. THE GOP LOST, GET THE HELL OVER IT!
as a child of the 80's, I remember clearly watching a speech, given by the president, on the importance of reading. we also...filled out a questionnaire about what we learned from the speech! never knew that it was brainwashing that turned me into such an avid reader.
and honestly, wouldn't it be much easier to control/brainwash a population if you told them that education is NOT important?
I don't agree with everything that any political figure does, but honestly, put me on the list of people who cannot figure out why telling kids to stay in school is a bad thing.
Honestly, the left (especially the Etsy left) has made a bigger deal about the protest than the protest actually was. Most of the concern was about the materials that were going to accompany the speech, more so than the speech itself. And while I saw a lot of people that did have some concern, I didn't see anyone (on etsy or off) have a shit fit over it. Not like the fits the left had over the concern of the right.
However, compare that to 1991, when bush sr did something similar. The dems in congress had hearings, threw a fit, and even had a big investigation on whether money was illegally spent for bush to do that. Oh, but wait...bush sr wasn't black...hmmm...there must be something wrong there. Or it goes back to the old argument that "we can do it, but they sure as hell can't".
& maybe...hold on to your seats here...its a doozy...race has nothing to do with it. That it is because our fundamental beliefs are totally opposite. Gasp! No, can't say that~~He's black, of course we have to make it a race issue!! (which, in my opinion, relegating all opposing ideas to a race issue really lessens the president--its like saying the only thing that is worthy of discussing is his race, when he's much more than JUST a black man. Even as someone who does not like his policies, I give him a lot more credit than than).
20 comments
types/deletes
September 4, 2009 at 9:16:00 AM EDTtypes/deletes
I'm afraid that if I say what I really think about all the "I don't trust Obama but I can't explain why" people, I'll be blasted.
I'm with Jennifer on this one. Right up there with the crying and sobbing "I want my country back" people.
September 4, 2009 at 10:37:00 AM EDTOh, I can explain why. He's BLACK!
September 4, 2009 at 10:39:00 AM EDTHonestly, these people are driving me crazy. They are uncomfortable with a president who has a different skin color than they have. I just WISH they could admit that to themselves.
Margaret got it. Hmmm...a bunch of rural white people crying about "wanting their country back" but never able to say what they lost on 01/20/09? Yeah. This wouldn't be going on if Obama was white; not to this extent!
September 4, 2009 at 2:43:00 PM EDTI just wish Obama would say he likes air, and that breathing air is really awesome. Then all these idiots would start breathing water and we'd be rid of them.
Good God...
September 4, 2009 at 4:30:00 PM EDTCan you really not fathom that in any way shape or form that there is no other reason to not trust Obama other than his skin color?
Its a shame that so many people are afraid to speak their mind for fear of being labeled a racist.
Yeah, cause there is NO OTHER reason why we could not like someone who is doing so many things that go against our fundamental beliefs. It ALL has to be about his skin color. 52% DISapproval rating, people. 52%! A negative 11 approval index. Is 52% of this country ONLY concerned about him being black? What about the black, mexican, indian, etc, people within that group?
You can't make a better argument? That's all ya got? Well, that's just sad. Are we supposed to give him special allowances because he's black, and not debate the issues?
And they say the people on the right are called close minded. Yup...tolerant--that's what the left is. As long as the people in question believe everything they do, cause God help them if they believe something different! One slight variation, and Devil be damned.
I'm sick of it being implied that I am a racist SIMPLY because I do not like Obama. Its infuriating, and insulting. Of course, there are people that are against him because of that-just as there are people that voted for him for that very reason.
I don't trust Obama because of his many shady associations, I don't trust him because of the Czars he has appointed, I don't trust him because of the programs he is trying to rush through, I don't trust him because of the people he has appointed/nominated for positions, I don't trust him for many many reasons. I don't trust him because he has no damn executive experience. Any one of these things by itself--maybe not such a big deal. But all of them considered together--big, huge deal. Stop ignoring all of the valid other reasons just to make yourself feel better.
"I just wish Obama would say he likes air, and that breathing air is really awesome. Then all these idiots would start breathing water and we'd be rid of them."
September 4, 2009 at 4:31:00 PM EDT________________
LMAO! Ahhh, that and the Rapture, and I'll be good!
where were all the anti socialism folks screaming when their country started subsidizing the oil industry, the insurance industry and the farming industry.not to mention the insane tax breaks for large industries such as walmart. where were they when we deregulated banking and securities?
September 4, 2009 at 5:27:00 PM EDTi'd believe all of this anti socialism talk if one person could explain why those industries should be supported by your tax dollars and health care should not.
p.s before you use any statistics from glenn beck, rush limbaugh or sean hannity, you should know that not one of them was ever able to FINISH one college class. just a class- not a semester, or a year or a degree but a class. these are uneducated fear mongers that use hyperbole to instigate people who cannot think for themselves. and all drop outs who were unable to get through a basic exercise in higher education. barely finished high school. dont tell me they were drug addicts or recovering or whatever. they are pitiful.
they dont use information or facts that can be backed up with evidence because they DONT KNOW HOW TO. it is sad because they may have some good points hidden in there but because of their delivery they will always be pitiful.
you dont have to have a college degree or one class to be educated, but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize when you listen to their points and stack them up, nothing makes sense.
they poke fun at teachers and schools because they were unable to learn for whatever reason. they truly believe that liberals are trying to infiltrate their children's lives. they should be more worried about lead toys from china. maybe that is what they chewed on as kids.
Who are the people that Obama should come in contact with.
September 4, 2009 at 7:27:00 PM EDTPeople act as if he is this weak minded individual, who cannot have his own damn opinions. if he reads books and associates himself with different people from different backgrounds, then some how he is going to get coodies or something.
whatever.
How slow should the bills be before they get passed? Should they be as fast as the vote on the war? or as slow as the 10 years it took to raise the minimum wage?
Did you take into account the people who give him a negative in approval rating, are also dems who are tired of him giving in to the republicans, when they have no intention of do the same? You can add me on that one. He is being too damn nice. frankly.
In order for bipartisanship to work, it has to go both ways. PERIOD.
When you hear assholes yelling, "I want my country back", who in the hell took THEIR country? Where in the hell was this when the Bush admin, was doing all of their illegal shit and running this countries name into the ground.
*crickets
There are people who truly don't agree with Obama's ideologies. That is going to happen.
But there is another group, who don't like him because he is black. who's protest are seeping with racial undertones. The damn election showed that loud and clear.
They hide their racist ideologues with false protest. Some of the same crap they want to have false outrage about, was done by past admin. with no problem.
Lets not get into the idiots who choose to believe any and everything beck/rush/malkin tell them. Reading is fundamental.
Here we go with the experience crap. This is the same nonsense that was used about Clinton. Mccain had more "experience" then Obama. Does that mean he would be doing a better job? Hell no.
Which one is Obama? a facist/marxist/left wing radical/nazi/
*end of rant.
just dont see how a basic speech about staying in school, not dropping out and how education is tied to the growth of our country becomes a "cult of personality" "socialist ideology" or "communist doctrine." unless you werent paying attention in school and dont know what those words mean that is. shouldnt your children learn what those words mean -at least then with my taxpayer dollars.
September 4, 2009 at 8:06:00 PM EDTi guess those against it dont want their kids to stay in school and dont want to waste any time their children spend in school encouraging them to do well. maybe they can all gang up and bully another child, throw spit balls and secretly kick each other while it is on.
something good must be going on in our country if this is all they can find to gripe about, right?
I will stick with left wing radical. Who is losing the moderates that helped him get into office. I will also add rookie to that.
September 4, 2009 at 8:23:00 PM EDTHow do you know that people are 'hiding' their racial tendencies with false protest? Do you know them all? I'm thinking no, and that you are just assuming. typical.
I never agreed with GW Bush, BUT thought it was great when he visited schools in the DC area and read books to elementary schoolers along with his wife. There are just some things that are not political. If the president of your country wants to take a moment out of his very busy schedule to wish the country's school kids well at the beginning of the school year, where is the problem in that? I'm completely missing it. And I'm absolutely certain that I watched Ronald Reagan speak directly to little kids once on a tv wheeled into our classroom when I was little. I was in awe that the president was talking to us.
September 4, 2009 at 9:14:00 PM EDTWhat exactly is the argument against having the President speak to school students? If someone could explain why the president isn't considered worthy of speaking to kids I would love to understand this better.
If you listen, you can hear it.
September 4, 2009 at 9:25:00 PM EDTWhat is a "radical"?
Believe me Obama damn sure isn't it. If you call what what he is doing "radical", he isn't "radical" enough.
these dumbshits think he is a Marxist/Socialist/communist/Democrat/Liberal all in one... never dawning on them that maybe these are all different ideologies because they all believe DIFFERENT SHIT!@
September 5, 2009 at 5:44:00 AM EDTyou can be all inb one mouthbreathers...
and if Obama is radical, i must be from the motherfucking moon then.
September 5, 2009 at 5:45:00 AM EDTHe is the President of the United States! I agree that those who do not want their children hearing the Pres speak to them about the value of education either don't want to admit that this great man is Black or don't want their children to.
September 5, 2009 at 8:51:00 AM EDTAnyone who says that this is not closeted racism is not educating themselves about the man and his policies.
He is a very conservative, pragmatic guy. THE GOP LOST, GET THE HELL OVER IT!
as a child of the 80's, I remember clearly watching a speech, given by the president, on the importance of reading. we also...filled out a questionnaire about what we learned from the speech! never knew that it was brainwashing that turned me into such an avid reader.
September 5, 2009 at 9:44:00 AM EDTand honestly, wouldn't it be much easier to control/brainwash a population if you told them that education is NOT important?
I don't agree with everything that any political figure does, but honestly, put me on the list of people who cannot figure out why telling kids to stay in school is a bad thing.
all of the real proletariats are chuckling over their cold rice & boiled coffee everytime this dude is called a communist.
September 5, 2009 at 11:17:00 AM EDTreal communists dont believe in school, ha ha ha. its just so funny.
They are not pissed about him telling kids to stay in school.
September 5, 2009 at 12:41:00 PM EDTThey are pissed about the person doing it.
I find it funny the same people whining about this, are not the same people protesting NCLB which is hurting kids in so many ways.
NCLB: I am a retired HS teacher. My name for this program is "Test Them Until They Drop Out".
September 5, 2009 at 4:12:00 PM EDTHonestly, the left (especially the Etsy left) has made a bigger deal about the protest than the protest actually was. Most of the concern was about the materials that were going to accompany the speech, more so than the speech itself. And while I saw a lot of people that did have some concern, I didn't see anyone (on etsy or off) have a shit fit over it. Not like the fits the left had over the concern of the right.
September 8, 2009 at 4:47:00 PM EDTHowever, compare that to 1991, when bush sr did something similar. The dems in congress had hearings, threw a fit, and even had a big investigation on whether money was illegally spent for bush to do that. Oh, but wait...bush sr wasn't black...hmmm...there must be something wrong there. Or it goes back to the old argument that "we can do it, but they sure as hell can't".
& maybe...hold on to your seats here...its a doozy...race has nothing to do with it. That it is because our fundamental beliefs are totally opposite. Gasp! No, can't say that~~He's black, of course we have to make it a race issue!! (which, in my opinion, relegating all opposing ideas to a race issue really lessens the president--its like saying the only thing that is worthy of discussing is his race, when he's much more than JUST a black man. Even as someone who does not like his policies, I give him a lot more credit than than).
Post a Comment