Look at this gorgeous handbag!!!
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Labels:
Calling Out,
Etc.,
Not Handmade,
Reselling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
By email -- closed.etsy.threads [at!] gmail.com
Instant Messenger -- ClosedEtsyThread on AIM or Closed.Etsy.Threads on GTalk
On Twitter -- ClosedThreads
13 comments
OMG I flagged that f-er two weeks ago and there it is... still.
July 21, 2009 at 7:52:00 AM EDTEtsy FAIL.
Meanwhile, the bag in question is STILL for sale. Nice one Etsy
July 21, 2009 at 8:21:00 AM EDTRareDaisyJewelry says:
July 21, 2009 at 9:02:00 AM EDT"...And in many cases, Im all about pushing the supply limit..."
--------------
Don't we all know that...
On a more serious note, could the purse be vintage, just mistagged? They say they sell vintage, and all the other items I looked at were also tagged vintage. Of course the possible mistagging should've been corrected too by now...
July 21, 2009 at 9:10:00 AM EDTI want to know if OP was muted for this. If not, I'm gonna try it! :)
July 21, 2009 at 11:10:00 AM EDTChristie - many people (including myself) have been muted in the past for calling out a reseller.
July 21, 2009 at 11:46:00 AM EDTJust warning you. :)
flagging either doesnt work, or it seems to take thousands of people flagging the same item(s) for months before anything is done.
July 21, 2009 at 12:43:00 PM EDTcalling out resellers and bad items in the forums seems to work ALMOST immediately....
I've seen flagging work and also seen etsy play favorites for whatever reason.
July 21, 2009 at 1:03:00 PM EDTIt's so frustrating. You'd think etsy was concerned with maintaining their site's integrity. Of not, they might as well do away with the TOU and admit it's a listing free-for-all.
Hi all. I haven't been muted as of yet. I really hope I don't get muted, but if I do, at least something was done about it. The shop is empty now. Hopefully they are making her bring her shop up to "code" ...
July 21, 2009 at 4:12:00 PM EDTPeikkonen- it's not vintage. Chanel didn't make that style in the 80's.
July 21, 2009 at 4:58:00 PM EDTIt wasn't just the bag- she had non-vintage, non-handmade watches listed in the handmade jewelry category, she had some vintage things listed in the jewelry category, the whole shop was a mess. But that bag was the most obvious and it had been flagged for weeks with no action taken. The day after it's called out, the shop is empty.
Admins keep on saying that there is no backlog in the flagging team, every flagging report is looked at in 24 hours, and that calling out doesn't help, but that is not what we see with our own eyes. If they really wanted to stop the calling out then get the flagging team sorted out!
Also, scented, the muting team also has a backlog and you sometimes don't get the muting until 2 weeks after your infraction, so it might still be coming.
eclipse said...
July 21, 2009 at 8:52:00 PM EDTAdmins keep on saying that there is no backlog in the flagging team, every flagging report is looked at in 24 hours
---------------
Baloney. If that's the case, they're condoning reselling, simple as that.
If Etsy truly cares, why don't they tune in to Callin' Out On Etsy? They're doing all the work for them over there.
Yes, I know about the delayed punishments. I hope I don't get muted, but my daughter is about to have a baby so I will be in vacation mode soon so I hopefully won't feel the "sting" of the punishment too much. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that, but I'll expect the worst and hope for the best.
July 21, 2009 at 9:36:00 PM EDTIm muted right now, it was at least a week after my 'infraction'...so yeah, it coul be coming Scented!
July 21, 2009 at 11:34:00 PM EDTIts a good time to revive your other stores if you have some! lol
Post a Comment