Really angry - Alchemy requests are an insult!!
Monday, August 4, 2008
Labels:
Alchemy,
Business Topics,
Calling Out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
By email -- closed.etsy.threads [at!] gmail.com
Instant Messenger -- ClosedEtsyThread on AIM or Closed.Etsy.Threads on GTalk
On Twitter -- ClosedThreads
8 comments
I don't even go into alchemy because it's so annoying! I hear ya on that
August 5, 2008 at 1:15:00 AM EDTI keep forgetting it's even back! I used it once the first week and then just forget about it.
August 5, 2008 at 2:25:00 AM EDTIt's so weird that for the first year I was on Etsy, all I heard was that we need Alchemy, bring back Alchemy, Alchemy's awesome! Then it comes back and my mind is boggled that anyone missed it in the first place.
August 5, 2008 at 10:31:00 AM EDTalchemy is totally unused-
August 5, 2008 at 3:07:00 PM EDTmany of us have custom listings already or they are so easy to whip up that it isnt needed. it was just a lame tool dangled out to appease the screaming masses
It's not totally unused. When my sales are low and I need money, I can trudge through all the nonsense listings, and occasionally find work for myself.
August 5, 2008 at 4:19:00 PM EDTI have been totally burned by the customer from hell because of Alchemy, but that's a different story.
I've been an alchemy customer quite a few times with incredible results I couldn't have gotten from plain old custom order requests. The competition inspires creativity. The haters are just bitter that they weren't chosen for jobs!
August 5, 2008 at 10:29:00 PM EDTI've done one awesome request and a few so-so ones. For awhile I was happy with alchemy in a "quote your price and whatever happens, happens" way.
August 6, 2008 at 4:49:00 AM EDTI don't bother anymore, if I'll be quoting $100+ more than their ideal.
But overall I think it's just brought the cheapskates out of the woodwork, not entirely a problem with the system/concept.
Customers who want my pieces in custom just come directly to me, without Alchemy or the Custom order function in the shop.
August 6, 2008 at 4:04:00 PM EDTAlchemy is entertaining to see the insane expectations of people, and have a good laugh.
It probably worked better in the past when Etsy wasn't so super saturated.
Post a Comment